Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Britain's answer to knife crime

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
rec.crafts.metalworking:

"RAM³" wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
rec.crafts.metalworking:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 18:49:13 -0600, Steve Ackman
wrote:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6501720.ece

So slashing will become the method.

Shrug...knives are easy to make or modify.

Or use a broken bottle.

To quote one of Alistair MacLean's characters (in the book "Bear
Island") "I've often found a bottle of Scotch to be a great
leveller".

The character had just knocked out one of the villians by clobbering
him with a full bottle... grin

That's ok, as long as he doesn't waste a bottle of good Scotch.

The character shared the contents with other "good" characters.

A hot soldering iron does a pretty good job, too, if you make sure
burn a hole in something they might miss. I had a drunk barge into my
room in the barracks one evening, and threaten me. I asked him to
leave, and he started screaming for me to stop working on someone's
stereo, and give him my tools, then yelled, Give me that !@#$%^&*
soldering iron, right now! I asked, This one? Then I lunged at him,
and missed him by less than an inch. He did a standing broad jump,
backwards into my wall locker, and slammed his head into it. Funny
thing is, he never came back to bother me after that.

LOL!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RAM³" wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
rec.crafts.metalworking:

"RAM³" wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
rec.crafts.metalworking:

wrote:

[...]

There is more than one way to sling hot lead! ;-)