Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Question antique bench drill

Below is the link to a photo of a simple little drill press which I
inherited. It was my dad's and part of an outfit of which the main
element was a small Goodell-Pratt metal lathe. I think he probably had
the lathe, a grinding wheel and this drill set up in some sort of
combo fashion with perhaps a line shaft to distribute power from a
single quarter-horse motor. However, I have no idea how the different
tools were arranged or what the drive system was for this drill. Would
like to set it up and have it operational again for sentimental
reasons. Wonder if anybody's familiar with such an item and has any
idea what kind of belt would've been used and how it might have been
rigged. Thanks much.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ghb624/3520129877/