Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default See ya Friday night or Saturday...Off to LA

"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:

A quote from the mouth of P.O. Ackley, a man I knew and respected:

You knew P. O. Ackley? Did you ever do any work for him?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Here's a suggestion for you prefer-denial-to-reality types - If 4
concerned friends chuckle of gummy got together and contributed
about 100 bucks each, you could pay his current property taxes online.
http://www.kcttc.co.kern.ca.us/payme...R=081034290009
Or, any 1 of you could pay a single installment of $214 instantly.
He's obviously going to let it all slide otherwise. If you were to
help him out now before the county files yet another lien, then you
could potentially save gummer some serious fees and interest, and
perhaps even prevent him from becoming homeless. What's that I hear,
his posts aren't actually worth anything to you? No kidding.

Back when I was struggling, I was always two years behind. Three years was the limit
where your property got sold at auction. I bet if you check Michigan property tax roles,
you will find 10% of the population a year or two behind.

You seem to have an obsession concerning Gunner. Schadenfreude is not healthy. I sure
hope you are not one of those misanthropes that looks at others difficulties or failures
as an excuse for your own.

Wes
"If I can not learn, I can not teach." Massad Ayoob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 08 May 2009 17:21:53 -0400, Wes wrote:

wrote:

[...]

So what? I've struggled as well. But how many of that 10% go on Usenet
and crap out 100 posts a day attacking and criticizing anybody and
everybody? How many are openly advocating killing "dems"? Only *one*
that I know of right now. Obviously the time he's wasted should have
been used for something more productive. He must be whacked to have
kept it up for so many years, therefore it's hardly surprising that
he's willing to layer one lie upon another trying to justify the
behavior. But what's your excuse for trying to rationalize it?
Gummer's take-no-prisoners attitude is impossible to miss or ignore,
and I don't see how you could be any kind of fan unless you agree with
it. Do you seriously believe that *he* wouldn't be all over a
"libtard" that he discovered to be leeching hundreds of thousands from
a county he refused to contribute to? Would you be trying to prevent
the carnage? I doubt it. Gummer fans eat that stuff up. So why make an
exception for him now that the shoe's on the other foot?

You seem to have an obsession concerning Gunner.

I'm giving him a tiny dose of what he dishes out. No need for you to
worry about it since he claims he doesn't read it. Plus, he says it's
the wrong house, that a person he won't name has paid off his liens,
yada yada. I doubt you believe a word of that, which means that you're
making an indirect defense of somebody who you know has been telling
bald-faced lies. But hey, maybe you're not being hypocritical at all.
Let's check... did you defend bubba when he was trying to weasel out
of the monica mess? Have you ever written any posts in defense of say,
welfare queens who do free babysitting for their neighbors, or
heartless con men who got a bum start in life? Let's see *anything*
you've written in defense of somebody who's something close to
gummer's equal in the screw-you department.

Schadenfreude is not healthy. I sure
hope you are not one of those misanthropes that looks at others difficulties or failures
as an excuse for your own.

I spent a few days and a little money a couple months back trying to
help a guy who's a severe alcoholic and a general reprobate. But he
wasn't a hypocrite as far as I could tell, nor was he a mean-spirited
lying jackass like gummy. It did turn out to be a waste, but I thought
it was worth it at the time. I doubt that any of you enablers will do
as much for gummer. I'm still waiting to see if even one Pollyanna
will contribute anything more than ill-considered keystrokes to his
cause.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

As I said, you've missed the point. Can't speak for Wes, but I have no more
time for you, or the likes of you. You really need to get a life.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:

A quote from the mouth of P.O. Ackley, a man I knew and respected:

You knew P. O. Ackley?

Oh, yeah! One hell of a human being. I met him in the late 50's when I
"needed" a 458 Winchester magnum. I still have the rifle he built for me,
along with three others.

He was one exceptional individual. So damned deaf from shooting that he
rarely heard anything you'd say, but he'd carry the conversation without
interaction. He'd pick a subject and expound, often totally unrelated to
guns or shooting. That's how I heard his quote about religious people. I'd
pay a visit occasionally, just to listen to him. One of the most dirt
simple individuals I ever met, and smarter than most of them. He was very
well educated, but a real rebel, preferring to dance to the drummer he
heard. I don't know that he ever knew my name. He called me "the
machinist", according to Jackie. See below.

He had daughters, one of which, Jackie, was his "right hand man". She did
all his office work as he was winding down, and drove him where he wanted to
go. They even paid us a visit at the castle one day. We still get a
Christmas card from Jackie, and her husband, Jim. P.O., as you likely know,
died August 23, 1989.

Did you ever do any work for him?

Never did any work for him, Wes. I don't know that he subbed anything out,
and I was not versed in gunsmithing.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 08 May 2009 04:56:47 GMT, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 06 May 2009 15:34:30 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 06 May 2009 07:12:05 GMT, the infamous "Harold and Susan
Vordos" scrawled the following:

I think he's a decent guy, much better than many that proclaim
themselves to be upright, religious folks.

Damned straight!

You guys must be acquainted with some seriously depraved religious
folks!

A quote from the mouth of P.O. Ackley, a man I knew and respected:

"I'd sooner trust a prostitute than a religious person."

I share his views. Yes, I have known some seriously depraved religious
folks, many of which were nothing short of abhorrent individuals, hiding
behind their faith.

I was born and raised in Utah. Do you think I may have been exposed to
"religious" people that would stop short of nothing, including murder?
(You might wish to check the stats on the Mountain Meadow Massacre).

Harold

As soon as I hear "I am a Christian" I grab my wallet and hang on for
dear life. When I hear "I have been born again" I become absent in a
hurry.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 09 May 2009 04:16:50 GMT, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

As I said, you've missed the point. Can't speak for Wes, but I have no more
time for you, or the likes of you.

I don't believe you. The truth is that you have no case to argue, so
instead you crank out a few insults and skulk away.

You really need to get a life.

Harold

You're just another hypocritical gummer apologist who's guilty of
cheering on more than a decade of his self-destructive obsession with
the "dems". You don't care a whit that it helped ruin his life. You
lap it up when he writes about killing "libtards". You told anybody
who complained about his off-topic drivel that it was their job to
avoid him. You stood by while countless worthwhile posters left the
newsgroup because they were tired of the crap. Now that the monetary
price of his "good" and "decent" behavior has become too obvious to
ignore, you've refused to help him pay any of it. You won't even
defend him except indirectly. The only thing you're willing to
contribute is the unmitigated gall to lob a few insults at anybody who
dares to return even a tiny fraction of what gummer's dished out.
Apparently he has several friends like you, which makes his attacks on
all his imagined enemies a case of not being to see the forest for the
trees.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 09 May 2009 04:32:38 GMT, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
[...]

You have 4 Ackley rifles?

My respects!

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 09 May 2009 10:01:59 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:

A quote from the mouth of P.O. Ackley, a man I knew and respected:

You knew P. O. Ackley?

Oh, yeah! One hell of a human being. I met him in the late 50's when I
"needed" a 458 Winchester magnum. I still have the rifle he built for me,

Cool.

along with three others.

--snip--
You have 4 Ackley rifles?

My respects!

I think he meant one Ackley and 3 other brand of rifles.
Dincha, 'Arry?

Gunner, have you ever seen a video on how brass is made into
cartridges? Are they spun tubing? Links, por favor!

--
Change is the process by which the future invades our lives.
-- Alvin Toffler
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 09 May 2009 00:59:56 -0400, the infamous Gerald Miller
scrawled the following:

On Fri, 08 May 2009 04:56:47 GMT, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Ditto here. The only people who have screwed me out of money in
business -all- had business cards with the IXOYE fish or Bible quotes
on them.

Now, when I see a card like that from a person who wants to do
business, I demand cash up front. It's the only safe way. But I'll
still work for the snakes, sometimes at a premium (_especially_ if
they preach at me.)

--
Change is the process by which the future invades our lives.
-- Alvin Toffler

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I think it's because you are dealing with wacky people on the rebound, not
because they are Christians. That segment of religious people tends to be
the most vocal.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

I think he meant one Ackley and 3 other brand of rifles.
Dincha, 'Arry?

That was my read also.

Gunner, have you ever seen a video on how brass is made into
cartridges? Are they spun tubing? Links, por favor!

I belive impact extrusion is the magic google words.

http://books.google.com/books?id=C4S...ult&resnum =1

But then I found this:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/....php?p=2715807

Spoke of a more refined process about 8 posts down.

HTH

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:

You knew P. O. Ackley?

Oh, yeah! One hell of a human being. I met him in the late 50's when I
"needed" a 458 Winchester magnum. I still have the rifle he built for me,
along with three others.

What the heck did you need that for? My .338 is overkill for most of north America game.

He was one exceptional individual. So damned deaf from shooting that he
rarely heard anything you'd say, but he'd carry the conversation without
interaction. He'd pick a subject and expound, often totally unrelated to
guns or shooting. That's how I heard his quote about religious people. I'd
pay a visit occasionally, just to listen to him. One of the most dirt
simple individuals I ever met, and smarter than most of them. He was very
well educated, but a real rebel, preferring to dance to the drummer he
heard. I don't know that he ever knew my name. He called me "the
machinist", according to Jackie. See below.

I understand Beltone has tables at NRA conventions. Listening to him must have been
fascinating, he was someone that pushed the art. I don't have any of his books but I was
reading a rather poor scan of one book and it was obvious he was a machinist in addition
to his other skills.

I'm a believer of God, a higher power, some plan other than randomness. I'm not a fan of
organized religion though. The line between worshipers, cult followers, and the exploited
is very thin. An atheist that adheres to the 'golden rule', is a moral person in my
opinion. The non-denominational services held during my hitch in the Marines remain as my
most enjoyed formal participation in religous services.

"The machinist", I have a feeling that was his way of showing respect towards you.

He had daughters, one of which, Jackie, was his "right hand man". She did
all his office work as he was winding down, and drove him where he wanted to
go. They even paid us a visit at the castle one day. We still get a
Christmas card from Jackie, and her husband, Jim. P.O., as you likely know,
died August 23, 1989.

RIP

Thanks for sharing the story,

Wes

--

"If I can not learn, I can not teach." Massad Ayoob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:

A quote from the mouth of P.O. Ackley, a man I knew and respected:

You knew P. O. Ackley?

Oh, yeah! One hell of a human being. I met him in the late 50's when I
"needed" a 458 Winchester magnum. I still have the rifle he built for me,

Cool.

along with three others.

--snip--
You have 4 Ackley rifles?

My respects!

I think he meant one Ackley and 3 other brand of rifles.
Dincha, 'Arry?

Gunner, have you ever seen a video on how brass is made into
cartridges? Are they spun tubing? Links, por favor!

Actually..cartridges are drawn from very short blanks. Disks actually.

http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com...brass-is-made/

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 09 May 2009 15:33:41 -0400, Wes wrote:

wrote:

You seem to have an obsession concerning Gunner.

I'm giving him a tiny dose of what he dishes out.

You have vented your spleen. Checking the above fake email address using groups google, I
see that it is unlikely that I'm going to see metalworking posts from you. Bye.

Wes

-- A man should be free to do as he pleases as long as he
is willing to suffer the consequences.--

Shrug..Ive not kill filed the poor dumb *******. I figure I give him the
only exercise he gets. And its funny as hell to read his drivel.

I like your sig. May I copy it?

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 09 May 2009 15:33:41 -0400, Wes wrote:

You have vented your spleen. Checking the above fake email address

That's an incredibly lame yet telling snipe, since it's been my real
address for over a decade. I do sometimes remind people what to do
with the "REMOVE" part, but I didn't really believe anybody needed
that much help. Apparently you've proven me wrong! Darned if I can
figure why you were trying to verify my email address though. Sheesh.

using groups google, I
see that it is unlikely that I'm going to see metalworking posts from you.

LOL I hope you wasted lots of time on that. If you wanted to know
about me, all you had to do was ask and I would have pointed you here
http://www.citlink.net/~wmbjk/solar100.htm, or maybe to one of these
http://www.citlink.net/~wmbjk/testtank.htm
http://www.citlink.net/~wmbjk/papercretemixer.htm
http://www.citlink.net/~wmbjk/welding_equipment.htm
http://www.citlink.net/~wmbjk/overshotfull.jpg, or something else
depending on your interest. Just ignore any metal working on those
pages, since I'm sure that you prefer your imagination to reality.
Exactly as you do with gummer, right?

Bye.

Oh please. Public goodbyes are lamer than lame. It's a favorite of
posters on the losing side of a debate, who aren't man enough to admit
being wrong.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 09 May 2009 15:59:11 -0400, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

I think he meant one Ackley and 3 other brand of rifles.
Dincha, 'Arry?

That was my read also.

Gunner, have you ever seen a video on how brass is made into
cartridges? Are they spun tubing? Links, por favor!

I belive impact extrusion is the magic google words.

http://books.google.com/books?id=C4S...ult&resnum =1

But then I found this:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/....php?p=2715807

Spoke of a more refined process about 8 posts down.

Danke. I'm still trying to find a video of it so I'll chase those a
bit.

--
No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up.
--Lily Tomlin
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 09 May 2009 15:08:46 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:

A quote from the mouth of P.O. Ackley, a man I knew and respected:

You knew P. O. Ackley?

Oh, yeah! One hell of a human being. I met him in the late 50's when I
"needed" a 458 Winchester magnum. I still have the rifle he built for me,

Cool.

along with three others.

--snip--
You have 4 Ackley rifles?

My respects!

I think he meant one Ackley and 3 other brand of rifles.
Dincha, 'Arry?

Gunner, have you ever seen a video on how brass is made into
cartridges? Are they spun tubing? Links, por favor!

Actually..cartridges are drawn from very short blanks. Disks actually.

http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com...brass-is-made/

Great, thanks. (Shucks, still no video of the process.)

--
No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up.
--Lily Tomlin
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 9, 6:08*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:

Gunner, have you ever seen a video on how brass is made into
cartridges? *Are they spun tubing? *Links, por favor!

Actually..cartridges are drawn from very short blanks. Disks actually.

http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com...tridge-brass-i...

Gunner

There's a display board showing the steps at the Springfield Armory
museum. The case begins as a punched disk. The first pressing makes it
look like a small pipe cap. It's alternately drawn deeper and annealed
in several steps to reach the cylindrical shape of a pistol case, then
squeezed down into the bottleneck shape.

The process was well developed by ~1870 but some new manufacturers had
trouble with it as late as WW1.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 09 May 2009 16:26:33 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I think he meant one Ackley and 3 other brand of rifles.
Dincha, 'Arry?

Gunner, have you ever seen a video on how brass is made into
cartridges? Are they spun tubing? Links, por favor!

Actually..cartridges are drawn from very short blanks. Disks actually.

http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com...brass-is-made/

Great, thanks. (Shucks, still no video of the process.)

Oh..you want videos?

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...275E2CA2F3C88C

google "making cartridge cases youtube"

Quite a few linked videos

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

I like your sig. May I copy it?

Sure. I stole it or paraphrased it from someone, might have been P.J. O'Rourke.

Wes
--

"If I can not learn, I can not teach." Massad Ayoob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 09 May 2009 15:36:30 -0700, wrote:

[...]

Completely aside from the thread topic, I found your website
....../solar100.htm to be a very interesting read. Thanks for that.

That isolated lifestyle wouldn't suit me, but I certainly admire the
mission-oriented or goal-directed determination and focus you've
successfully applied to achieve a lifestyle that suits you. Well
done!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:

[...]

This isn't to you Don, I'm replying to the back scatter.

Wayne, it is obvious that you don't like Gunner, you said your piece. I disagree at times
with people on this group from time to time. I attack the idea and not the man.

I'm not on a losing side of a debate. I'm not Gunners judge and jury and I'm not applying
for the position. A constant stream of venom isn't all that interesting. My sampling of
posts using google groups had so many gunner hits that I wrote you off.

The http://www.citlink.net/~wmbjk/solar100.htm is damn interesting. I think I followed
your building of a new place a long time ago on this group. Nice airplane btw.

Stick to your accomplishments and leave the diatribes behind. I've noticed that insecure
people tend to pick a target to rail against, as an excuse for any perceived personal
lacking. I sure hope that doesn't describe you.

I wish you well,

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 09 May 2009 19:11:09 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

wrote:

I think he meant one Ackley and 3 other brand of rifles.
Dincha, 'Arry?

Gunner, have you ever seen a video on how brass is made into
cartridges? Are they spun tubing? Links, por favor!

Actually..cartridges are drawn from very short blanks. Disks actually.

http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com...brass-is-made/

Great, thanks. (Shucks, still no video of the process.)

Oh..you want videos?

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...275E2CA2F3C88C

google "making cartridge cases youtube"

Those were all reloading/resizing/necking down cases. Seen any
complete (from button-to-cartridge, as you listed from the
accurateshooter.com) vids?

I found this book from 1916 with a series of photos:
http://tinyurl.com/o6m9q9

--
No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up.
--Lily Tomlin
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 10 May 2009 06:25:15 -0400, Wes wrote:

I'm not on a losing side of a debate.

You said (or agreed, I've forgotten) that gummer was good and decent.
I said he wasn't, and backed up my position with facts. You didn't
even try to back up yours, and substituted silly sniping instead.

I'm not Gunners judge and jury and I'm not applying
for the position.

You *have* judged him, based mostly on your imagination from what I
can tell. And you took the time to state that opinion in a public
forum.

Stick to your accomplishments and leave the diatribes behind.

Can you hear yourself? Gummer posts ~100 diatribes *per day*. Have you
ever told *him* to "stick to your accomplishments and leave the
diatribes behind", or anything like that? I bet you haven't, which is
why I rightly called you a hypocrite.

Newsgroups are as good as the regulars make them. Check out
sci.engineering.welding. Gummy posts there, but without any of the
senseless drivel he posts here (except for his generally retarded
sigs). Why does he treat the two groups differently? Because Ernie
Leimkuhler told him off, and that's all it took. If you'd prefer metal
talk as you say, then wake up and smell the coffee. But I don't
believe that you so-called friends of gummy want him to stop, because
you enjoy what he does no matter the cost to him or the group. If
enough of you encouraged gummy to shape up, he might get a job and
escape his self-destructive behavior. That would be better for the
group, better for his county, and better for gummer.

I wish you well,

Back at ya'.

Wayne

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 10 May 2009 00:46:26 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

I found your website
...../solar100.htm to be a very interesting read. Thanks for that.

Nice to hear, thanks.

That isolated lifestyle wouldn't suit me, but I certainly admire the
mission-oriented or goal-directed determination and focus you've
successfully applied to achieve a lifestyle that suits you. Well
done!

It's not as isolated as it might appear. A trip to town takes about 35
minutes when I'm alone, or about 40 when my wife is with me. :-)
There's a 7-11 type place at about half the distance. We now have 2
meg wireless Ethernet (soon to be 4 meg I hope), with dedicated VOIP
hardware, which gives us up to 4 perfect-quality voice lines as well.
Pretty fancy all things considered. Many first-time visitors are
freaked out by the wildness, and imagine that we'd want to carry a gun
at all times. But it's nothing like that, the critters are the best
neighbors anyone could ask for. Here are some more pics.
http://www.citlink.net/~wmbjk/gamecam.htm
http://www.citlink.net/~wmbjk/gamecam2.htm Not that there's zero
risk. Last fall my wife discovered 2 rattlesnakes curled up together
in the doorway to the shop bathroom. I had to stand on the toilet in
order to bag them for relocation. A video of that scene could have
been a Youtube hit. :-) It's not likely that I would have stepped on
them, but something like that could happen. IMO, if there was one
single thing that would prevent most people from living our life, it's
the road maintenance. Keeping up six miles of rocky road generally
takes a couple of multi-day missions per year, plus an equal amount of
repair time. The alternative of hiring it out might be pricey, all
those rocks are really hard on equipment. I added this
http://www.citlink.net/~wmbjk/accumulator.jpg to the grader. Pushes
down on a full-width roller, which helps a lot.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Buerste" wrote in rec.crafts.metalworking:

"Basil Karlo" wrote in message

"Hawke" wrote in message

Had 2 clients and a buddy call today, all needing me to fix
machines.

Off to L.A....see you all late Friday or Saturday.

Tootles!

Take it easy bud. Work smart, not hard, you are recovering.

Wes

Thanks to the stellar performance of my ISP, I had no access to RCM
for about four months. I apparently missed "the fun".

From what is Gunner recovering?

Harold

You mean aside from the mental illness? Word is, if you can believe
it, he's
had both a heart attack and a stroke. I'd take it with a very large
grain of
salt like everything coming from him. He's also said about 3 weeks
ago he was going to kick someone's ass. Again, believe what you will
and consider
the source.

A perfect example of someone who hates because of some words he read
on a screen. So easily outraged, must learn self-control. Try
meditation?

Or a stool softener.

THAT could prove FATAL in his case!

--

I used to be an anarchist but had to give it up: _far_ too many rules.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

I think he meant one Ackley and 3 other brand of rifles.
Dincha, 'Arry?

No---I have 4 Ackley built rifles. 458 Winchester magnum, 223 with a Sako
action, 17-222 /sako action and a 6mm /sako action.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

I think he meant one Ackley and 3 other brand of rifles.
Dincha, 'Arry?

No---I have 4 Ackley built rifles. 458 Winchester magnum, 223 with a Sako
action, 17-222 /sako action and a 6mm /sako action.

Harold

Very very well done!

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 11 May 2009 07:44:38 GMT, the infamous "Harold and Susan

Larry Jaques wrote:

I think he meant one Ackley and 3 other brand of rifles.
Dincha, 'Arry?

No---I have 4 Ackley built rifles. 458 Winchester magnum, 223 with a Sako
action, 17-222 /sako action and a 6mm /sako action.

OK, I sit corrected. (too lazy to stand)

--
No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up.
--Lily Tomlin

Friday Deck progress jloomis Woodworking Plans and Photos 12 July 24th 08 06:47 PM
Friday funny George Max Woodworking 0 July 21st 06 02:46 PM
Oil price 31.15p last Friday, 34.25p today MM UK diy 4 December 18th 05 06:29 PM
Friday Challenge - part two J. Nielsen Metalworking 7 May 25th 05 11:05 AM
Friday Challenge. J. Nielsen Metalworking 15 May 23rd 05 06:51 AM