Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Friday Deck progress

The deck is coming along. I wish I were building it to a nicer home design.
I think the client will be happy regardless.....
jloomis

Attached Thumbnails
Friday Deck progress-imgp3084amydeck3-medium-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote in message
The deck is coming along. I wish I were building it to a nicer home
design.
I think the client will be happy regardless.....
jloomis

Damn ... after working with wood butchers all week, it's refreshing to see
construction done correctly and with pride. Thanks for the uplift ... I
needed that!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

whats the matter? You working with a crew?
I know how it can go. I in my older age do take pride in all construction
techniques....Sometimes the job "can afford" that.
I hate the hurry up business.....been there and done it.
jloomis

"Swingman" wrote in message
"jloomis" wrote in message
The deck is coming along. I wish I were building it to a nicer home
design.
I think the client will be happy regardless.....
jloomis

Damn ... after working with wood butchers all week, it's refreshing to see
construction done correctly and with pride. Thanks for the uplift ... I
needed that!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Looks good, is this deck going to have more square footage than the house?

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
"jloomis" wrote in message
The deck is coming along. I wish I were building it to a nicer home
design.
I think the client will be happy regardless.....
jloomis

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"asmurff" wrote in message
Looks good, is this deck going to have more square footage than the house?

Pretty big......1200 sq. ft. and then some.....
jloomis

--
"jloomis" wrote in message
The deck is coming along. I wish I were building it to a nicer home
design.
I think the client will be happy regardless.....
jloomis

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Looks good, is this deck going to have more square footage than the
house?

We call this "putting lipstick on a pig."
Kind of like the kid with the $800 spoiler om the $300 car.

EH
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Elrond Hubbard wrote in
. 41:

Looks good, is this deck going to have more square footage than the
house?

We call this "putting lipstick on a pig."
Kind of like the kid with the $800 spoiler om the $300 car.

EH

Well, at least they have a place to camp out on while they redo the house.
My daughter and family moved in with us while they are having construction
done on their home.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote

whats the matter?

A demonstrable, and pervasive, cultural lack of pride in workmanship.

You working with a crew?

Nope, they work for me ... most, not for long, for the constant battle gets
tedious

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I catch your drift......
"putting lipstick on a pig."
I like it............
Anyway, I will do a class A job, regardless of what the place looks like.
that is what my job is.
jloomis

"Elrond Hubbard" wrote in message
. 41...

Looks good, is this deck going to have more square footage than the
house?

We call this "putting lipstick on a pig."
Kind of like the kid with the $800 spoiler om the $300 car.

EH

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In ,
jloomis spewed forth:
The deck is coming along. I wish I were building it to a nicer home
design. I think the client will be happy regardless.....
jloomis

nice job, obviously better built than the houseg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

"jloomis" wrote

whats the matter?

A demonstrable, and pervasive, cultural lack of pride in workmanship.

There too, eh? Here, I am pleasantly surprised when a job gets done right
the first time; it's a rare occurrence.

You working with a crew?

Nope, they work for me ... most, not for long, for the constant battle
gets tedious

Hopefully you didn't run Leon off. ;-)

Thank-you for being someone who insists on a quality job; that should put
you in great demand.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 13:29:21 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"jloomis" wrote in message
The deck is coming along. I wish I were building it to a nicer home
design.
I think the client will be happy regardless.....
jloomis

Damn ... after working with wood butchers all week, it's refreshing to see
construction done correctly and with pride. Thanks for the uplift ... I
needed that!

Que lastima.

Regards, Tom.

Thos. J. Watson - Cabinetmaker
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote

Hopefully you didn't run Leon off. ;-)

Leon works _with_ you, not _for_ you ... don't think he would have it any
other way.

Thank-you for being someone who insists on a quality job; that should put
you in great demand.

Appreciate the sentiment ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

Friday funny George Max Woodworking 0 July 21st 06 02:46 PM
Oil price 31.15p last Friday, 34.25p today MM UK diy 4 December 18th 05 06:29 PM
Friday Challenge - part two J. Nielsen Metalworking 7 May 25th 05 11:05 AM
Friday Challenge. J. Nielsen Metalworking 15 May 23rd 05 06:51 AM
Friday pop quiz, kiddies! Matt Home Repair 5 February 12th 05 12:32 PM