Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default $10,000.00 Tool Box

What makes this tool box worth 10K ?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tls/1153159548.html

I see a lot of simular big bucks adds for tool boxes,
what gives ? I cant believe somebody would pay
that kind of money for a tool box.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"azotic" wrote in message
What makes this tool box worth 10K ?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tls/1153159548.html

I see a lot of simular big bucks adds for tool boxes,
what gives ? I cant believe somebody would pay
that kind of money for a tool box.

Best Regards
Tom.

Its probably 1500 for the tool box and 8500 for the snap on logos.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 4, 12:43*am, "azotic" wrote:
What makes this tool box worth 10K ?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tls/1153159548.html

I see a lot of simular big bucks adds for tool boxes,
what gives ? I cant believe somebody would pay
that kind of money for a tool box.

Best Regards
Tom.

Maybe he shoulda left off a zero.

Thought it was one of those ones that I saw at Christmas, solid
stainless about 8' tall, had a fridge built into one end and a
microwave in the other. Might have had a Murphy bed in the back, I
don't know, it was long enough. Looked like it should have had a tow
bar built in to move it.

What HE paid for it and what it's really worth may be far apart, too.

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"azotic" wrote in message
What makes this tool box worth 10K ?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tls/1153159548.html

I see a lot of simular big bucks adds for tool boxes,
what gives ? I cant believe somebody would pay
that kind of money for a tool box.

Best Regards
Tom.

I don't think it is, maybe $3k. I have seen some special addition versions
that size sell for $5k to $6, new off the truck. But that seems high.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

This reminds me of the time I had taken the transmission into the shop and
they had estimated $2k for the overhaul. As money was tight, I asked them
how many hours I could save if I did the R&R myself. I think it was
something on the order of 8 or 9 hours so I opted to do the R&R and after
they had the box in the shop for a week I got a call and they said that the
job was a little more involved than they had anticipated, so they had to up
the estimate back to $2k.

I told them to keep the job on hold until I could see what they were talking
about, and when I arrived the mechanic that had the box apart goes into his
sales pitch about how bad all of these parts were. While he was talking I
noted a Snap-On tool box that was 8 feet long and had a full length work
bench, overhead bins and built in filing cabinets. I had received a bit of
double-speak when I had asked questions like "What is the wear specification
for that part?", so when it came to decision time, I opted to spend $450 at
a dismantlers place and the trans has been in use for over 180k miles with
no further problems.

Sometimes you have to trust those little hairs that stand up on the back of
your neck.

--
Roger Shoaf

"azotic" wrote in message
What makes this tool box worth 10K ?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tls/1153159548.html

I see a lot of simular big bucks adds for tool boxes,
what gives ? I cant believe somebody would pay
that kind of money for a tool box.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"azotic" wrote in message
What makes this tool box worth 10K ?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tls/1153159548.html

I see a lot of simular big bucks adds for tool boxes,
what gives ? I cant believe somebody would pay
that kind of money for a tool box.

Best Regards
Tom.

Is that with or without tools?