Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default NAMES Attendance

You guys that went, How was the show?

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 00:23:55 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 19:53:24 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

You guys that went, How was the show?

Great as always! I talked to people till I was
hoarse on Saturday, a bit less on Sunday. Got a
5C collet chuck with D1-6 mount for my Sheldon
lathe. Sold 4 excess servo motors, too.

I had a loose wire on my demo CNC mill when I set
it up Sat. morning, but eventually found it and
ran rigid tapping demos all day. Sunday I ran a
contouring demo.
The EMC booth had even more business than I did.
I should have taken more pictures, as always I was
just google-eyed at all the incredible stuff
people had made.

Jon

It was a great show. I attended Bob Swinney's seminar on phase
converters and Mike Rehmus' on 3D cad. There was a good one on
backyard metal casting with demo by Rick Chownyk. Also met Bob, Mike,
Errol Groff, saw Dick Triemstra, Brian Lawson, etc. Not to be missed.
I picked up some tooling, couple books, and the die filer kit from
Andy Norquist of Metal Lathe Accessories. Andy is very friendly and
knowledgeable, great to talk to.

Based on Rehmus' demo of Alibre Design, I've loaded it and started
through the tutorials. Looks pretty good. I'll decide later if I'm
going to go with Express (free) or pay for one of the commercial
offerings. I've already received a discount offer, so I think the
prices are pretty good.

The crowds were down, at least as measured by the line to get in, but
still good. I heard multiple times that the show is going back to
Southgate next year, so it's back to a day trip for me, at least until
the wife retires and we move to Texas.

I took some pics, will try to upload later. I've got to get on some
honey-do's right now. And soon, my son is coming home on leave for a
few weeks. He's bringing his RRA M4 with him. We plan on buying a
couple .45's and spending some time at the range. Anybody got a
recommendation on a good inexpensive 1911?

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 07:40:27 -0400, Pete Keillor
wrote:

Anybody got a
recommendation on a good inexpensive 1911?

Pete Keillor

http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun_reviews/pt_080505/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Elson wrote:

I had a loose wire on my demo CNC mill when I set
it up Sat. morning, but eventually found it and
ran rigid tapping demos all day. Sunday I ran a
contouring demo.

Where was your booth? I stopped at the EMC booth. Sorry I missed you.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete Keillor wrote:

It was a great show. I attended Bob Swinney's seminar on phase
converters and Mike Rehmus' on 3D cad. There was a good one on
backyard metal casting with demo by Rick Chownyk. Also met Bob, Mike,
Errol Groff, saw Dick Triemstra, Brian Lawson, etc. Not to be missed.
I picked up some tooling, couple books, and the die filer kit from
Andy Norquist of Metal Lathe Accessories. Andy is very friendly and
knowledgeable, great to talk to.

Hi Pete, I was the guy that ran out to the parking lot go get my laptop so Bob had a
computer to his presentation with. Sorry I didn't get to say hi to you.

Based on Rehmus' demo of Alibre Design, I've loaded it and started
through the tutorials. Looks pretty good. I'll decide later if I'm
going to go with Express (free) or pay for one of the commercial
offerings. I've already received a discount offer, so I think the
prices are pretty good.

I bought the low end copy last Monday. I get Model Engine Builder magazine, I was tempted
to buy a license and Mr Rehmus's demo sealed the deal. The B drawings in the mags sold me
on it.

The crowds were down, at least as measured by the line to get in, but
still good. I heard multiple times that the show is going back to
Southgate next year, so it's back to a day trip for me, at least until
the wife retires and we move to Texas.

It is a bit closer to me now. The venue is a bit expensive and not working out so well
form what I was told from a gent I'll not name but who is part of the leadership that runs
the show.

I took some pics, will try to upload later. I've got to get on some
honey-do's right now. And soon, my son is coming home on leave for a
few weeks. He's bringing his RRA M4 with him. We plan on buying a
couple .45's and spending some time at the range. Anybody got a
recommendation on a good inexpensive 1911?

I *still* don't have a 1911 or an AR but I'm way over the national average of firearms
ownership.

I've got pics to upload also. I'm working a lot of hours lately so it may take a while to
get them up.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Hi Pete, I was the guy that ran out to the parking lot to get my laptop so Bob had a
computer to perform his presentation with. Sorry I didn't get to say hi to you.

Pardon my poor spelling, sentance construction, proofreading, ect.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sorry Wes.

In the confusion re. the missing laptop, I thought it was Pete that went for it. Thank you - Wes !
It was good to meet you and Pete. The only other RCM er was our NAMES coordinator Brian Lawson.

Bob Swinney
"Wes" wrote in message
Pete Keillor wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
Pete Keillor wrote:

[...]

I *still* don't have a 1911

Tell you what Wes.
I'll send you my personal sidearm.
My Uncle, My Father and I all wore it.
WWII,WWII, Korea and the Nam.
LOL
I'll need your left nut or first born, however.
No kdding on that......

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

I *still* don't have a 1911

Tell you what Wes.
I'll send you my personal sidearm.
My Uncle, My Father and I all wore it.
WWII,WWII, Korea and the Nam.
LOL
I'll need your left nut or first born, however.
No kdding on that......

Price a bit too high, some day I'll likely have uncles but that price will also be too
high if you get my drift.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

I *still* don't have a 1911

Tell you what Wes.
I'll send you my personal sidearm.
My Uncle, My Father and I all wore it.
WWII,WWII, Korea and the Nam.
LOL
I'll need your left nut or first born, however.
No kdding on that......

Price a bit too high, some day I'll likely have uncles but that price will
also be too
high if you get my drift.

I do Wes but it's different with my folks and me.
We pass along our stuff in person.
I was just funnin' as you obviously discerned but I'll say this.
Don't wait.
The satisfaction of passing stuff along as you wish is - well - I can't
describe it.
You have the opportunity to fill in the blanks.
That is the really meaninful part.

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 16:23:30 -0400, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

I *still* don't have a 1911

Tell you what Wes.
I'll send you my personal sidearm.
My Uncle, My Father and I all wore it.
WWII,WWII, Korea and the Nam.
LOL
I'll need your left nut or first born, however.
No kdding on that......

Price a bit too high, some day I'll likely have uncles but that price will also be too
high if you get my drift.

Ayup. I thought Tauruses had lower prices than most mfgrs. shrug
Some more reviews:
http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/1911_reviews.htm
http://www.m1911.org/full_prodtest.htm

Or googlit: http://www.google.com/search?q=1911+pistol+reviews

Food for thought?
http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?v=Z44znz8z

--
I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life
which are the real ones after all. --Laura Ingalls Wilder (1867-1957)

NAMES Wes[_2_] Metalworking 4 February 2nd 09 06:37 AM
Attendance? Don Woodworking 2 April 23rd 07 03:26 AM
Fly Names Da UK diy 0 January 31st 07 12:21 PM
OT..UNOFFICIAL survey about NAMES attendance Brian Lawson Metalworking 5 April 17th 06 09:06 PM