Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson

Default OT..UNOFFICIAL survey about NAMES attendance

Hey Guys,

Off to the Golden Triangle (Hamilton area) for Easter, and I'll be off
to NAMES almost as soon as I get back to help with set-up....but how
about a quick survey?

1 Are you planning to go to NAMES in Toledo next weekend (April 22 &
23/06)?

2. Does the location have anything to do with your attendance?

3. If "NO" to #1, would you go if it was still in Southgate, MI
instead?

4. If "YES" to #1, are you going because it is closer now than it
was before and you would not have gone if it was still in Southgate?

5. Anything else you'd like to comment on?

As it is always nice to put a face to a name, Please look me up and
say Hello on Saturday or (Friday if you are an exhibitor or vendor or
???). I usually am so beat I head home by Saturday night.

Take care. Happy Easter to All.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Cross-posted to modeleng-list

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 13:04:52 -0400, Brian Lawson
wrote:

Hey Guys,

Off to the Golden Triangle (Hamilton area) for Easter, and I'll be off
to NAMES almost as soon as I get back to help with set-up....but how
about a quick survey?

1 Are you planning to go to NAMES in Toledo next weekend (April 22 &
23/06)?

Yep.
2. Does the location have anything to do with your attendance?

Yes. It means I'll spend more time since I can't reasonably do it in
a day.

3. If "NO" to #1, would you go if it was still in Southgate, MI
instead?

4. If "YES" to #1, are you going because it is closer now than it
was before and you would not have gone if it was still in Southgate?

Definitely no. It was a lot easier with SWMBO when it was just a day
trip instead of the whole weekend. I'll stay Friday and Saturday
nights in the Radisson, then drive home early Sunday.

5. Anything else you'd like to comment on?

As it is always nice to put a face to a name, Please look me up and
say Hello on Saturday or (Friday if you are an exhibitor or vendor or
???). I usually am so beat I head home by Saturday night.

Sure. Where will you be?

Pete Keillor

Take care. Happy Easter to All.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Cross-posted to modeleng-list

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rick

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message
Hey Guys,

Off to the Golden Triangle (Hamilton area) for Easter, and I'll be off
to NAMES almost as soon as I get back to help with set-up....but how
about a quick survey?

1 Are you planning to go to NAMES in Toledo next weekend (April 22 &
23/06)?

Yes, I hope to

2. Does the location have anything to do with your attendance?

No

3. If "NO" to #1, would you go if it was still in Southgate, MI
instead?

4. If "YES" to #1, are you going because it is closer now than it
was before and you would not have gone if it was still in Southgate?

No, I lived within a few miles when it was in Southgate and never knew it existed!

5. Anything else you'd like to comment on?

As it is always nice to put a face to a name, Please look me up and
say Hello on Saturday or (Friday if you are an exhibitor or vendor or
???). I usually am so beat I head home by Saturday night.

Take care. Happy Easter to All.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Cross-posted to modeleng-list

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin

Brian Lawson wrote:
Hey Guys,

Off to the Golden Triangle (Hamilton area) for Easter, and I'll be off
to NAMES almost as soon as I get back to help with set-up....but how
about a quick survey?

1 Are you planning to go to NAMES in Toledo next weekend (April 22 &
23/06)?

NO.

2. Does the location have anything to do with your attendance?

YES

3. If "NO" to #1, would you go if it was still in Southgate, MI
instead?

NO

4. If "YES" to #1, are you going because it is closer now than it
was before and you would not have gone if it was still in Southgate?

N/A

5. Anything else you'd like to comment on?

NOTHING EAST OF COLORADO FOR THIS COWBOY
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
StaticsJason

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message
Hey Guys,

Off to the Golden Triangle (Hamilton area) for Easter, and I'll be off
to NAMES almost as soon as I get back to help with set-up....but how
about a quick survey?

1 Are you planning to go to NAMES in Toledo next weekend (April 22 &
23/06)?

No

2. Does the location have anything to do with your attendance?

Yes

3. If "NO" to #1, would you go if it was still in Southgate, MI
instead?

Much better chance but I likely would have only made it up once or twice in
the next 10-20 years. I live in Eastern Nebraska.

4. If "YES" to #1, are you going because it is closer now than it
was before and you would not have gone if it was still in Southgate?

5. Anything else you'd like to comment on?

I would like to make it someday. I read the followup web postings by some
of each year's attendees and wish that either it was closer or I had the
resources and travel freedom of a rich retiree. =)

Chicago would be cool, being a pretty inexpensive flight from here...

As it is always nice to put a face to a name, Please look me up and
say Hello on Saturday or (Friday if you are an exhibitor or vendor or
???). I usually am so beat I head home by Saturday night.

Take care. Happy Easter to All.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Cross-posted to modeleng-list

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson

Brian Lawson wrote:

Hey Guys,

Off to the Golden Triangle (Hamilton area) for Easter, and I'll be off
to NAMES almost as soon as I get back to help with set-up....but how
about a quick survey?

1 Are you planning to go to NAMES in Toledo next weekend (April 22 &
23/06)?

Yes.

2. Does the location have anything to do with your attendance?

Not really. I had hoped for the Dayton (I think) location, as that
WOULD have been
a LOT closer to me (St. Louis).

3. If "NO" to #1, would you go if it was still in Southgate, MI
instead?

Yes, maybe. Southgate is a LONG haul for me - well over 10 hours. Toledo
is about 10 Hrs.

Jon