Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any _relatively_ inexpensive TIGs?

On 2009-04-03, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane wrote:
On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 14:10:50 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

I have a small budget (no minimum G). Anybody have experience with
affordable TIG units that have enough features to make it work well on
aluminum and stainless?

LLoyd

No personal experience, but I'm hoping somebody who's used one of the
3 in 1 TIG / Plasma cutter / Stick welders by Longevity or Everlast
will chime in with their experiences. Inverter machines at budget
prices. The Miller Diversion (inverter machine) has been getting good
reviews from the people who bought them.

I saw a lot of broken ones on ebay, not a good sign. I would stay
away, everything I heard about them is negative. If their manufacturer
does not even want to put their name on the product, that's not a good
sign either.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 2, 10:24*pm, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET
wrote:
On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 14:10:50 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
I have a small budget (no minimum G). *Anybody have experience with
affordable TIG units that have enough features to make it work well on
aluminum and stainless?

LLoyd

No personal experience, but I'm hoping somebody who's used one of the
3 in 1 TIG / Plasma cutter / Stick welders by Longevity or Everlast
will chime in with their experiences. *Inverter machines at budget
prices. *The Miller Diversion (inverter machine) has been getting good
reviews from the people who bought them. *

RWL

An inverter is only as good as the warranty...and the company that
stands behind it.

Friends don't let friends buy TIGs that have expired warranties.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

GeoLane at PTD dot NET wrote in message
On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 14:10:50 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

I have a small budget (no minimum G). Anybody have experience with
affordable TIG units that have enough features to make it work well on
aluminum and stainless?

LLoyd

No personal experience, but I'm hoping somebody who's used one of the
3 in 1 TIG / Plasma cutter / Stick welders by Longevity or Everlast
will chime in with their experiences. Inverter machines at budget
prices. The Miller Diversion (inverter machine) has been getting good
reviews from the people who bought them.

RWL

Dont like anything that's three in one. Like scanner, printer, copier.
Never had one that worked worth a flip, and if you got problems with one
segment, usually the whole thing is useless. Not to mention the thick
instruction book. I prefer stand alone welding tools, save the ones that
have stick/tig combos.

Steve

Any _relatively_ inexpensive TIGs? Karl Townsend Metalworking 6 April 3rd 09 04:27 PM
Any _relatively_ inexpensive TIGs? Pete C. Metalworking 1 April 3rd 09 08:25 AM
Any _relatively_ inexpensive TIGs? SteveB[_10_] Metalworking 0 April 3rd 09 12:24 AM
Inexpensive HVLP alexy Woodworking 11 August 31st 06 03:42 AM
Inexpensive 110 VAC, 1.5A, 60-120 Hz VFD [email protected] Metalworking 3 June 12th 05 06:11 AM