Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any _relatively_ inexpensive TIGs?

On Apr 2, 10:24*pm, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET
wrote:
On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 14:10:50 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
I have a small budget (no minimum G). *Anybody have experience with
affordable TIG units that have enough features to make it work well on
aluminum and stainless?

LLoyd

No personal experience, but I'm hoping somebody who's used one of the
3 in 1 TIG / Plasma cutter / Stick welders by Longevity or Everlast
will chime in with their experiences. *Inverter machines at budget
prices. *The Miller Diversion (inverter machine) has been getting good
reviews from the people who bought them. *

RWL

An inverter is only as good as the warranty...and the company that
stands behind it.

Friends don't let friends buy TIGs that have expired warranties.

TMT