Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Aloris #8 tool holder (AXA) question.

I've been coveting an Aloris #8 tool holder with HSS tooling. I can't tell from Aloris,
Enco, or MSC which HSS tool comes with it. There is a range of 4 tpi to 10 tpi. If it
comes with the 4, I'd like to buy the 10 in the same shipment.

Anyone know the answer?

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:12:40 -0400, Wes wrote:

I've been coveting an Aloris #8 tool holder with HSS tooling. I can't tell from Aloris,
Enco, or MSC which HSS tool comes with it. There is a range of 4 tpi to 10 tpi. If it
comes with the 4, I'd like to buy the 10 in the same shipment.

Anyone know the answer?

The Aloris catalog says it depends on the size. AXA comes with a P-10;
BXA, CXA - P-6; CA, DA, EA - P4. Or you can get a specific blade upon
request.

What size are you looking for? I think I have a bladeless AXA-8 that I
might sell or trade.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ned Simmons wrote:

What size are you looking for? I think I have a bladeless AXA-8 that I
might sell or trade.

I was trying to hit both ends of the range. I might have three bxa holders, aloris and
yuasa if I can find them. I walked out to the garage barefoot looking for them but iti

I found them. Two genuine aloris BXA 2's, shows signs of some interaction with a spinning
chuck but appear servicable. Then there is what I think is a #2 MT Yuasa marked 740-205
all have some surface rust, not bad. Willing to provide photos w/o cleaning them up.

Lathe came with a genuine Aloris AXA post so I decided to build up a collection of AXA
holders. Sure wish it had been BXA to start.

The works, I just don't check it often though I will if you give me a
heads up.

Nice outside but cold as hell in the garage. Must be the concrete and iron out there.
Soon I can start building the gatlinggun (.22). I want to make the barrels and the plate
they screw into first. Makes it look like I'm making progress as quick as possible

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ned Simmons wrote:

The Aloris catalog says it depends on the size. AXA comes with a P-10;
BXA, CXA - P-6; CA, DA, EA - P4. Or you can get a specific blade upon
request.

MSC replied with:
Dear Wes,

********** This will come with the ALoris P-10 blade. That would be MSC part no# 09061201.

Thank you for using MSCDirect .Com

kudo's for the fast response.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:47:55 -0400, Wes wrote:

Ned Simmons wrote:

It's warming up, but there's still plenty of snow on the ground here
in midcoast Maine.

You got bragging rights to winter and you can keep them.

Here's what it looked like a month ago.
http://picasaweb.google.com/philpoi/...anch221242009#

I sent you an email with my private email, though I do check this
address as well.

It got filtered afaikt. Lycos has some pretty agressive filters.

Email me at the address on this post with details on how to get thru,
or we can negotiate here in public.

--
Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ned Simmons wrote:

It's warming up, but there's still plenty of snow on the ground here
in midcoast Maine.

You got bragging rights to winter and you can keep them.

Here's what it looked like a month ago.
http://picasaweb.google.com/philpoi/...anch221242009#

Not any worse than it looked like last month. Lake Michigan has an effect on snowfall.

I sent you an email with my private email, though I do check this
address as well.

It got filtered afaikt. Lycos has some pretty agressive filters.

Email me at the address on this post with details on how to get thru,
or we can negotiate here in public.

Well, I got drafted to work this weekend so I ordered a new one. Sorry.

When I'm cleaning that process washline with a few other impressed workers tomorrow, I'll
try to remember what that nasty job is paying for along with a few other items.

I've worked more OT since the economy went to crap than I've worked in years and this is
in Michigan. Sucks when you are doing more with less due to staffing cuts.

Wes
--
We are living in the society that Ayn Rand warned us about
in 1957.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:58:04 -0400, Wes wrote:

Well, I got drafted to work this weekend so I ordered a new one. Sorry.

No problem. I had forgotten about it 'til you reminded me of it, and
I'm sure it'll soon be forgotten in the back of the lathe cabinet
again.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ned Simmons wrote:

Well, I got drafted to work this weekend so I ordered a new one. Sorry.

No problem. I had forgotten about it 'til you reminded me of it, and
I'm sure it'll soon be forgotten in the back of the lathe cabinet
again.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you use it? Outside of missing that one piece.

Wes
--

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 19:43:41 -0400, Wes wrote:

Ned Simmons wrote:

Well, I got drafted to work this weekend so I ordered a new one. Sorry.

No problem. I had forgotten about it 'til you reminded me of it, and
I'm sure it'll soon be forgotten in the back of the lathe cabinet
again.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you use it? Outside of missing that one piece.

The Aloris holder came with my lathe. I have a lifetime supply of
carbide threading inserts that came in an auction lot, so never had
much incentive to replace the missing cutter.

--
Ned Simmons