Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default brass to glass - best adhesive

wrote in message
I need some advice on adhering glass drawer knobs to brass knob
posts. They are frosted glass knobs epoxied on to brass posts. The
fit between the knobs and posts is not perfect, so I need a glue that
is gap-filling.

I have been using some 5-minute epoxy, but it doesn't seem to work all
that well on the glass, as the knobs pull apart after a while, leaving
the epoxy on the brass. I want to machine the old epoxy off the posts
so I will have a purely glass-to-brass joint.

Any suggestions for a gap-filling adhesive for glass to brass?

I think the epoxy should do the trick if it is coming unstuck from the glass
perhaps you can score the inside of the hole in the glass a bit. Harbor
Freight has some cheap but effective diamond burrs that would work in the
Dremmel.

To remove the blob of epoxy from the brass post heat it with a torch and the
epoxy will pop right off. When cool hit it with some sand paper to scuff up
the surface.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.