Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default fs: vaguely OT - pile of books, anyone?

a retired professor is trying to make room in his library - here are some
books, drop me a note (go to my web site to get my email address) if you
would like one or more - quite a few of these relate to topics that get
discussed on this NG, though they are not metalworking per-se - most of
these relate to queueing, inventory control, production efficiency, and so
on - mostly hard back

Simulation and analysis of industrial systems - Schmidt and Taylor 1970
Dynamic Administration - Teh collected papers of Mary Parker Follett - 1940
IBM PC applications for the Industrial Engineer and Manager -
Banks/Spoerer/Collins 1986
Men at Work - William Foote Whyte 1961
The protestant ethic and the spirit of captalism (max weber) 1958
The industrial worker 1840-1860 Norman Ware 1964 (original 1924)
The Human Problems of an Industrial Civilisation - Elton Mayo 1968
Fatigue of Workers - National Research Council 1941 (good human factors text
on how heat and other stress causes fatigue)
QS version 2.0 (spiral bound) - I may have the software that goes with this
somewhere 1991
Selected cases in Strategic Management - S Certo & J Peter 1990
Experimental Statistics handbook 91 - US Dept of Commerce Aug 1963
The American Soldier (2 books) Stouffer et al - Combat & its Aftermath,
Adjustmetn during Army Life

$5 or so each, less if you take a bunch

--
Bill
www.wbnoble.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default vaguely OT - pile of books, anyone?

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
[...]

No fiction? Sci-Fi? Fantasy? Mystery? Romance?
You got no books there, you got HOMEWORK!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 02:32:03 -0400, "Buerste" wrote:

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
[...]

ROFLMAO!! Indeed!

Gunner

"Human nature is bad. Good is a human product*
A warped piece of wood must be steamed and forced
before it is made straight; a metal blade must be put to the whetstone
before it becomes sharp. Since the nature of people is bad, to become corrected
they must be taught by teachers and to be orderly they must acquire ritual
and moral principles."
—Sun Tzu
*
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Buerste" wrote in message

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
[...]

Hey, I said "retired professor" not "retired normal person" - we all know
that academics are a special breed. The "americal soldier" series is
particularly intersting if you are interested in large scale studies of
social systems and psychology.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill Noble" wrote in message

"Buerste" wrote in message

[...]