Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Part P - ELECSA makes it vaguely sensible

I have been talking with my brother-in-law about his "Part P"
registration, having seen reports here I couldn't understand how he
seemed to think he had "Part P approval". Well now I know, he's
registered with ELECSA who are one of the part P registration
organisations but seem much more oriented towards dealing with
individuals.

He has a card which is personal to him which states he is a "Part P
Approved Contractor", it does have his company name on it (he's a one
man band) but the card is 'his' not his company's. To get his
registration he has some C&G qualifications and has had some work
inspected.

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:37:58 +0000, tinnews wrote:

I have been talking with my brother-in-law about his "Part P"
registration, having seen reports here I couldn't understand how he
seemed to think he had "Part P approval". Well now I know, he's
registered with ELECSA who are one of the part P registration
organisations but seem much more oriented towards dealing with
individuals.

He has a card which is personal to him which states he is a "Part P
Approved Contractor", it does have his company name on it (he's a one
man band) but the card is 'his' not his company's. To get his
registration he has some C&G qualifications and has had some work
inspected.

What's the bottom line? How much per year?
How much for the initial joining fee?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.elecsa.org.uk/assessment_help.aspx

--
Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:17:13 +0000 (UTC), Ed Sirett
wrote:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:37:58 +0000, tinnews wrote:

I have been talking with my brother-in-law about his "Part P"
registration, having seen reports here I couldn't understand how he
seemed to think he had "Part P approval". Well now I know, he's
registered with ELECSA who are one of the part P registration
organisations but seem much more oriented towards dealing with
individuals.

He has a card which is personal to him which states he is a "Part P
Approved Contractor", it does have his company name on it (he's a one
man band) but the card is 'his' not his company's. To get his
registration he has some C&G qualifications and has had some work
inspected.

What's the bottom line? How much per year?
How much for the initial joining fee?

http://www.elecsa.org.uk/reqs_costs.aspx
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ed Sirett wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:37:58 +0000, tinnews wrote:

I have been talking with my brother-in-law about his "Part P"
registration, having seen reports here I couldn't understand how he
seemed to think he had "Part P approval". Well now I know, he's
registered with ELECSA who are one of the part P registration
organisations but seem much more oriented towards dealing with
individuals.

He has a card which is personal to him which states he is a "Part P
Approved Contractor", it does have his company name on it (he's a one
man band) but the card is 'his' not his company's. To get his
registration he has some C&G qualifications and has had some work
inspected.

What's the bottom line? How much per year?
How much for the initial joining fee?

It's about £300/year, joining fee is the year's subscription as I read it.

--
Chris Green

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:37:58 +0000, tinnews wrote:

I have been talking with my brother-in-law about his "Part P"
registration, having seen reports here I couldn't understand how he
seemed to think he had "Part P approval". Well now I know, he's
registered with ELECSA who are one of the part P registration
organisations but seem much more oriented towards dealing with
individuals.

He has a card which is personal to him which states he is a "Part P
Approved Contractor", it does have his company name on it (he's a one
man band) but the card is 'his' not his company's. To get his
registration he has some C&G qualifications and has had some work
inspected.

What's the bottom line? How much per year? How much for the initial
joining fee?

http://www.elecsa.org.uk/reqs_costs.aspx

They're fairly expensive. I'm paying £175+VAT /year.