Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 0JT chuck with capacity 5/32"

Probably wishful thinking but has anyone come across a 0JT mount chuck
with a capacity greater than 5/32"? Thanks!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
Probably wishful thinking but has anyone come across a 0JT mount chuck
with a capacity greater than 5/32"? Thanks!

What type of tolernaces do you need to hold on runout? I can probably make
you an ER8 or ER11 collet chuck (5mm / 7mm capacity max. or 3/16" / 1/4") I
can't guarantee great runout on a custom made item like that, but we can at
least look into it if you wish.

What materials will you be working in, etc...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

can't guarantee great runout on a custom made item like that, but we can at
least look into it if you wish.

Thanks Joe, I'll let you know.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 19, 10:05*am, " wrote:
Probably wishful thinking but has anyone come across a 0JT mount chuck
with a capacity greater than 5/32"? Thanks!

Why 0JT? If it's on a lathe tailstock you can get larger arbors, such
as Morse 0 to Jacobs 33, like I have for my small lathe. However a
large chuck droops on it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Why 0JT?

To match the spindle on the drill. I can buy a larger chuck/spindle
combo ($$$$) but the drill press manufacturer was able to hand pick a
0JT Jacobs 5/32" chuck with capacity just greater than 3/16" so I'll
get that instead. 3/16" capacity is all I need right now.