Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bridgeport Parts / Stuff

Received an inquiry for Bridgeport parts and stuff...

Who here sells this stuff so I can give this guy *your* telephone number?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I do

On 2009-03-09, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Received an inquiry for Bridgeport parts and stuff...

Who here sells this stuff so I can give this guy *your* telephone number?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com

V8013-R

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Shoot me a private e-mail with telephone number or preferred contact method:

autodrill
AT
verizon
DOT
net

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com

V8013-R

"Ignoramus877" wrote in message
I do

--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus877 wrote:
I do

Oh, really!

Well, then, I have a BOSS saddle and knee that
were stripped of all the hardware.
I'm trying to retrofit it to my old Bridgeport
manual base. So, those belt housings and
ballscrew mounts are what I'm looking for. Do you
have any of that stuff, or know somebody who does?

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-03-10, Jon Elson wrote:
Ignoramus877 wrote:
I do

Oh, really!

Well, then, I have a BOSS saddle and knee that
were stripped of all the hardware.
I'm trying to retrofit it to my old Bridgeport
manual base. So, those belt housings and
ballscrew mounts are what I'm looking for. Do you
have any of that stuff, or know somebody who does?

I sold the cross nut and ball screws already.

I do, however, have dials that replace handles.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-03-10, Jon Elson wrote:
Ignoramus877 wrote:
I do

Oh, really!

Well, then, I have a BOSS saddle and knee that
were stripped of all the hardware.
I'm trying to retrofit it to my old Bridgeport
manual base. So, those belt housings and
ballscrew mounts are what I'm looking for. Do you
have any of that stuff, or know somebody who does?

I sold the cross nut and ball screws already.

The BOSS 3-6 at least don't have a cross nut. Instead, the
X-axis nut is mounted in a pair of preloaded bearings, and is rotated by
a timing belt and a motor below the right-side of the table. The
X-axis leadscrew does not rotate at all -- it is rigidly affixed to the
right-hand end of the table, and the ball nut rotates around it. This
avoids the longer leadscrew starting to whip during a rapid move.

The Y-axis is a bit more standard, with a rotating leadscrew and
a fixed ballscrew -- but the leadscrew has no crank access -- just a
timing gear and belt going down to a stepper motor in front of the knee
casting.

I do, however, have dials that replace handles.

Not BOSS-3 through BOSS-6 then. Perhaps someones retrofit
conversion to CNC, but not the standard Bridgeport version.

Just to avoid misunderstandings.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564