Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Looking for a program

Some years ago I used a small strain analysis program. It was very
simple and basic, restricted to beams supported at both ends or
cantilevered, and could only handle basic cross sections such as
rectangle and round, hollow or solid, I, L, and T.
I think I got it as a download from distributor's website, but don't
really remember. The trouble is, I've lost it and cannot remember its
name or where it came from.
Is there anybody that can identify it, and maybe direct me to where I
can replace it?

--
Regards, Gary Wooding
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 18:46:29 +0000, lemelman
wrote:

Some years ago I used a small strain analysis program. It was very
simple and basic, restricted to beams supported at both ends or
cantilevered, and could only handle basic cross sections such as
rectangle and round, hollow or solid, I, L, and T.
I think I got it as a download from distributor's website, but don't
really remember. The trouble is, I've lost it and cannot remember its
name or where it came from.
Is there anybody that can identify it, and maybe direct me to where I
can replace it?

Sounds like Beamboy.
http://www.softlookup.com/display.asp?id=27851

Somebody will probably get on me for nitpicking, but IIRC Beamboy
outputs support reactions, stress and deflection, but not strain
(change in length per unit length). It is handy for quick
calculations.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ned Simmons wrote:
...snip...

Somebody will probably get on me for nitpicking, but IIRC Beamboy
outputs support reactions, stress and deflection, but not strain
(change in length per unit length). It is handy for quick
calculations.

No, I tried Beamboy and its not the one I'm thinking of.

--
Regards, Gary Wooding

CAD program? Greg O Woodworking 22 August 9th 07 06:34 AM
CAD Program ? Don Dando Woodworking 1 June 28th 07 03:02 PM
WAY O/T A/V program Tim Taylor Woodworking 24 October 25th 06 05:47 PM
I need a spy program ( non harmful) program... fixpc Electronics Repair 8 February 7th 06 06:20 AM
Looking for a CAD program James Holbrook Metalworking 21 February 7th 05 12:55 AM