Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Looking for a program

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 18:46:29 +0000, lemelman
wrote:

Some years ago I used a small strain analysis program. It was very
simple and basic, restricted to beams supported at both ends or
cantilevered, and could only handle basic cross sections such as
rectangle and round, hollow or solid, I, L, and T.
I think I got it as a download from distributor's website, but don't
really remember. The trouble is, I've lost it and cannot remember its
name or where it came from.
Is there anybody that can identify it, and maybe direct me to where I
can replace it?

Sounds like Beamboy.
http://www.softlookup.com/display.asp?id=27851

Somebody will probably get on me for nitpicking, but IIRC Beamboy
outputs support reactions, stress and deflection, but not strain
(change in length per unit length). It is handy for quick
calculations.

--
Ned Simmons