Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default threaded rod with loop on end

Has anyone seen something like this sold anywhere?

http://www.reliableracing.com/images/xl/front/25579.jpg
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
Has anyone seen something like this sold anywhere?

http://www.reliableracing.com/images/xl/front/25579.jpg

No , but if you don't mind the lack of chrome (powdercoat it ?) it looks
like something anyone with a welder and a hacksaw could make . Might have to
buy the threaded knob unless you can cast plastic (or aluminum ...) .
--
Snag
every answer

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
news
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
Has anyone seen something like this sold anywhere?

http://www.reliableracing.com/images/xl/front/25579.jpg

No , but if you don't mind the lack of chrome (powdercoat it ?) it looks
like something anyone with a welder and a hacksaw could make . Might have
to buy the threaded knob unless you can cast plastic (or aluminum ...) .

I think I might be tempted to cut it out of aluminum. Drill it it and put
in a Helicoil T.

Then you guys got me making all kinds of stuff these days that I used to
freak out about trying to find.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
news
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
Has anyone seen something like this sold anywhere?

http://www.reliableracing.com/images/xl/front/25579.jpg

No , but if you don't mind the lack of chrome (powdercoat it ?) it looks
like something anyone with a welder and a hacksaw could make . Might have
to buy the threaded knob unless you can cast plastic (or aluminum ...) .

I think I might be tempted to cut it out of aluminum. Drill it it and put
in a Helicoil T.

Then you guys got me making all kinds of stuff these days that I used to
freak out about trying to find.

I think the Trac Rac has some knobs like that. As to the square on top of
the stud, just bend and weld. If you do not want to bend the stock, go to a
truck spring maker. They bend the new U bolts all the time.

Loop Antenna Design AJ[_2_] Electronic Schematics 0 March 23rd 07 07:22 AM
Tiger Loop? Harry Bloomfield UK diy 10 January 27th 07 10:53 PM
Hydronic loop sizing [email protected] Home Repair 12 October 17th 06 12:59 AM
DIY TEK compensation loop for R7844 Tod Treganowan Electronics Repair 3 April 22nd 06 02:30 PM
How do I use the filling loop? Zara UK diy 5 October 2nd 04 07:45 PM