Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dread anyone?

"SteveB" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Feb 3, 9:53 am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message

Those wheel machine guns with the multiple barrel like The Terminator
favors would seem to be enough for me. I wouldn't want someone after me
with one of those. I have seen videos of them, and they are awesome. So
are the 20 mm. chain cannons. I have a video of them at max range with
IR
night scopes taking out some insurgents with explosive rounds, and
literally shredding the vehicles and blowing the insurgents to pieces.
Small pieces. I also like that video of the 50 cal. Barrett with
explosive shells picking snipers off rocks in Afghanistan.

Steve

(Maestro, a drum roll, please...) Da-da, da-dah, da-DAH! Now, THAT's
entertainment!

Do you have any videos of dismemberment with edged weapons? Do you invite
friends over when you show these things?

--
Ed Huntress

Funny, Ed. You don't appear on my radar any more. Aw, shoot. I had ye
killfiled.

No, never saw any dismemberment, but saw lots of pictures post beheadings.
I did witness one caning while overseas. Wish there were more of it,
particularly here in the US. The kids would act a lot better. Adults,
too. There's nothing like seeing a grown man dance and scream like a baby
and **** all over themself when caned.

Right. And I'll bet you have multiple orgasms just remembering it, Steve.

And if the one who does the caning can be proven to not be giving it his
all, he gets double the strokes. Yes, Ed, I would like to share some of
my experiences with people. That's why I show them the videos of snipers
who head shoot our soldiers getting blown into many small parts. You got
a problem with that?

Now, *that's* a party -- for the twisted and emotionally disabled.

You're an adult. Cope.

And you are one sick dog, Steve. It looks like your "experiences" wormed
their way into the part of your brain that makes us human, and then they ate
lunch.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-02-04, Gunner Asch wrote:
But keep in mind that the horrors of war have to be...horrible. Else
they devolve to the levels of rugby scrums which never really solve
anything. Resentment, fermenting underneith and ready to break out at
any time, is somehow preferable to the knowledge of absolute defeat and
a horror of being a bad nation again and what comes of it?

There is some reason here.

Damn, is Gunner getting interesting and philosophical on us? Is that part of
a thoughtful, longer piece, or just a transient brain hemorrhage? I'll have
to pop him out of the killfile and see what he's been up to.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Feb 4, 12:51 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
wrote in message

On Feb 3, 5:18 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

"RAM³" wrote in message

om...

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message

[...]

They're on the Al Jazeera website - Caucasians being beheaded by
Arabs.

Dave hasn't moved up to that yet. He's still enjoying his awesome videos
of
Arabs being blown to small pieces with 20 mm chain cannons.

Give him time. Once you've taken a step toward becoming what you hate,
anything is possible.

So, do you visit the beheading videos often?

--
Ed Huntress
Actually, a friend of mine was beheaded in Chechnya.

He and two others were kidnapped, held for weeks, then beheaded and
their heads left beside the road outside Grozny.

Know what you're talking about before you spout off, you have not got
a clue.

'Sorry to hear about your friend, but that has nothing to do with you
watching snuff flicks. And if you think it does, then it screwed up your
mind.

--
Ed Huntress

I don't seek out such footage.

Well, that's refreshing to hear.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 20:39:49 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"cavelamb" wrote in message
om...
Could be the first real advance in hand held weaponry since gunpowder?

The Dread

http://www.defensereview.com/modules...rticle&sid=526

But, what is the DREAD, really? How does it work? In a sentence, the DREAD
is an electrically-powered centrifuge weapon, or centrifuge "gun". So,
instead of using self-contained cartridges containing powdered propellant
(gunpowder), the DREAD's ammunition will be .308 and .50 caliber round
metal balls (steel, tungsten, tungsten carbide, ceramic-coated tungsten,
etc...) that will be literally spun out of the weapon at speeds as high as
8000 fps (give or take a few hundred feet-per-second) at rather extreme
rpm's, striking their targets with overwhelming and devastating firepower.
We're talking about total target saturation, here. All this, of course,
makes the DREAD revolutionary in the literal sense, as well as the
conceptual one.

Not really new. The Civil War era supposedly had a steam powered gun that
used steam to spin the bullet carrier.

IRRC...there was a diesel powered one used in the Trenches in WW1

"Not so old as to need virgins to excite him,
nor old enough to have the patience to teach one."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in message

[...]

You have quite the fixation on this... like a republican preaching
abstinence or faithfulness whilst having an affair.

Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in message

[...]

Hey, I'm not the one inviting friends over to watch his snuff films. Steve
has branched into watcing grown men scream and **** all over themselves.

Is this a new requirement for one to become a conservative? Is watching
people get blown apart, scream in pain, and **** themselves some kind of a
fraternity initiation rite?

I hadn't heard about this before. I thought all you people were safely
locked up.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-02-04, Gunner Asch wrote:
But keep in mind that the horrors of war have to be...horrible. Else
they devolve to the levels of rugby scrums which never really solve
anything. Resentment, fermenting underneith and ready to break out at
any time, is somehow preferable to the knowledge of absolute defeat and
a horror of being a bad nation again and what comes of it?

There is some reason here.

Why do you think McCarther would only accept the unconditional surrender
of the Empire of Japan?

Was it really unconditional?

I do not think so.

It was unconditional in that the Japanese had to agree to whatever we
wanted. And they did.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

And you are one sick dog, Steve. It looks like your "experiences" wormed
their way into the part of your brain that makes us human, and then they
ate
lunch.

--
Ed Huntress

You seem to be extremely liberal or extremely religious, someone with an
extreme superiority complex, or all of the above. I suggest you read that
Bible of yours, or accounts of actual history (in the case you're not
religious) and learn about some real events that would sicken both of us.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Randy" wrote in message
On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 22:02:57 +0000, Mark Rand
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 10:00:51 -0800, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Tim Wescott wrote:

Lessee. No recoil means you can't be throwing anything out the front,
or that they've gotten a special dispensation from God from Newton's
third law.

You can throw something out the front without
recoil. You just have to throw something of
equal ma out the back at the same time. Of
course that would make the gunners position]
a little dangerous...

Yeah, but how do you cope with precession forces when you raise or lower
the
point of aim???

it would be a big gyroscope. I would guess the "disk" would always be
spinning waiting for projectiles to introduced. So, it would need to
be vehicle mounted for a power supply, it would be a bitch to aim
because of the gyroscope effect. There would be the heat of the motor
and some heat of the balls sliding against the outer walls as they are
flung around. Not near the heat of a powder fired gun, but still some
heat.

Mythbusters did some sort of gyro-gun awhile back, I only caught a
small part of the show.

They claim a muzzle velocity of above the speed of sound, so there
most definately would be noise.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

The balls would not be touching the outer walls. They would be dropped down
a feed tube in the center at the correct time for the spinning barrel to be
lined up with the shot when the ball had traveled from the center to the
exit. Since you would would have multiple barrels, the firing rate would be
much higher than the RPM.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-02-04, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 15:28:29 -0600, Ignoramus14358
wrote:

No recoil while throwing a large number of bullets per second towards
enemy, sounds suspiciously like "supply side economics".

Just that claim alone makes me not too interested in the device, which
probably would face a lot of trouble (guide wear, fracture
possibilities etc) for other reasons.

All easily overcome by applied metalurgy.

Recoil cannot be overcome by metallurgy.

In fact...with some usage of superconductors, and the proper computer
connection...some really scary ballistic trajectories could be applied
to each sphere as it leaves the weapon. Tossing them in a curving low
to the right with a rise at x distance could be done.

Want to put it in a window and have it travel down the hall and break to
the right at the end? Possible.

Pitchers demonstrate that in every baseball game.

And the rounds could be explosive, spin armed fragmentation
grenades.....etc.

Select a new feed box, which automatically resets the computer to the
charectoristics of the selected ordnance.....nasty..really nasty....

I think that your optimism as to how many degrees of freedom you can
give to a spinning metal ball, is unfounded. I can see how you could
impart a curving trajectory to it, but I cannot see how you can manage
details of this trajectory so finely, and no that easily at the
typical speed of a flying bullet.

But, I always like progress in such military matters.

I am always especially interested in psychoactive weapons that would
make opposing forces **** their pants, discard their weapons and run
home, without doing any damage.

--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention

What recoil? It is not the Newtonian forces of expanding gases, is the
tangential force of the weight of the ball against the barrel as it rolls /
slides down the tube.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 21:16:56 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

Tim Wescott wrote:

[...]

Can't be a multibarrel design, the video said the balls were like 3/8"
apart. Barrels arranged like spokes could not deliver shots that
close together.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch
wrote on Tue, 03 Feb 2009 21:58:34 -0800
in rec.crafts.metalworking :

All seriousness aside, it would seem that apparently, progressive
hold no beliefs strongly enough to refuse to compromise or to defend.
And because of that, and the all too human tendency to think of others
as oneself, they seem incapable of grokking the idea that someone may
actually mean it when they say "Death to the Infidels." That it isn't
some kind of colorful metaphor, they really do mean "Convert or Die!"

tschus
pyotr

Group Hug! Group HUG!!!!

Kumbya! Kuuuummmmbyyyyaaaa!!!!!

Snerk!!! Gurgle.......kick,,,,,,,,

To Ed & Co.....those are merely "cultural idosyncrises" and of
course...multicuturalism means they are to be accepted.
After all...its ok to toss battery acid in a girls face....its
multicultural. Right? Afterall...it is THEIR culture.

Ed and Co would have greeted the Thugee with open arms and flowers.
glad cries of Multiculturalism, and of course the Thugee would have
greeted EdCo with golden cords and glad cries.

To paraphrase the British Raj, when told that it wast the Hindoo
tradition to burn the widow on their husband's self same funeral
pyres. And we have a tradition of hanging those who murder widows".

I am fearful of the backlash after the next "Event." It will mean
the end of the Republic as we knew it, or as our grandparents knew it
(those who were alive before the New Deal.) I'm not saying "The
United States of America" would suddenly cease to exist - after all,
the "Roman Republic" operated for some 19 centuries under that name-
but by then Rome was in Asia and spoke Greek.
To reset the US Republic will take more than just setting a few
examples, and some modest changes, for the problem is ideological,
social and cultural, - intrinsic to the situation, and those are not
easily changed. Look at how quickly China returned to 'getting rich'
after forty years of the Maoist brand Marxism. Unfortunately, the
Federated Russian Republic didn't have much of a merchant class, and
70 years of "Ve gotz Government office for dat" leaves it in a
situation where Democracy would be wonderful," if only we had a strong
leader to make it happen."

It would be one thing if we could _just_ shoot the corrupt, but
that would not solve the problem of the "I've got mine" mentality. On
my worse days, I consider deporting enemies of the republic after
stripping citizenship and assets to be simply a reasonable
proposition. I always want to make sure they get a fair trial, I am
not an arbitrary tyrant. The really sad part it that the quality of
the TV & movies is likely to decline. Sigh, but there are costs to
everything.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 21:19:45 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

What recoil? It is not the Newtonian forces of expanding gases, is the
tangential force of the weight of the ball against the barrel as it rolls /
slides down the tube.

F=V.dm/dt

The recoil is there whatever mechanism you use to accelerate the ammunition.
that's how rockets work

There will be differences in the spectrum of the recoil waveform (it is a
waveform in a machine gun) but the recoil will still be there.

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Guys like him can never see it themselves. Lots of other people can too.
It's obvious that many men here, and I use the term loosely, are virtually
indistinguishable from the "terrorists" they despise so much. They want to
act in the exact same way as their enemies do. They always see a big
difference between themselves and the "bad guys" and they never know that
the bad guys think exactly the same way they do. You can't make them see it
though so it's a waste of time pointing out how similar they are to the
people they hate. We see it though.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 11:33:02 -0600, Ignoramus28897

On 2009-02-04, Gunner Asch wrote:
But keep in mind that the horrors of war have to be...horrible. Else
they devolve to the levels of rugby scrums which never really solve
anything. Resentment, fermenting underneith and ready to break out at
any time, is somehow preferable to the knowledge of absolute defeat and
a horror of being a bad nation again and what comes of it?

There is some reason here.

Why do you think McCarther would only accept the unconditional surrender
of the Empire of Japan?

Was it really unconditional?

I do not think so.

Your ignorance is noted with some pity.