Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Something involving Obama and metal.

One of the promises Obama made during his campaign for the Presidency
was to reduce the number of Nuclear Weapons in the United States
arsenal. I have an idea that could make no longer needed missile silos
into a good source of Alternative Energy.

There are thousands of underground missile silos in Nebraska, Wyoming,
Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota and other Western States. Many of
these missile sites have already been declared obsolete and abandoned.
I have been inside a few of these humongous holes in the ground. They
are usually stripped of anything valuable and then sold or filled in
with dirt and just left in place.

I have been working for several years to come up with a new type of
Windmill. I have three ideas that I am going to pursue patents on.

I think Wind Power could add a lot to the overall ENERGY situation in
the USA however I think there are uses for Wind Power besides
generating electricity to add to an Electric Grid. One solution I came
up with would use a WindMill located on the site of one of these
abandoned missile silos. The missile silo would be made as airtight as
possible and used as a giant storage tank for compressed air. Actually
this would probably be very easy since they were originally designed
to be airtight and could withstand Nuclear Blasts nearby. My idea
would be to use WindMills to compress air and store this compressed
air in the missile silos for power when needed. Compressed air is a
good source of power when it can be used near a location.

Other uses might be to pump various liquids through pipelines. Using
the WindMill to generate the power to compress gases in the atmosphere
as a source for supercooled like Oxygen, Nitrogen etc.

A hole 300 feet deep and twenty four feet in diameter filled with
compressed air at 200 PSI would be one huge battery.

Anyone else got an idea how this could be used?

Dennis
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"TwoGuns" wrote in message
[...]

This is a VERY, VERY BAD IDEA. If you used those windmills to suck all the
air in Nebraska down into a hole in the ground, whatever in the world would
happen to all the people in Nebraska who wanted to breathe? No air, and all
that would be left for them to breathe would be the CO2, methane, and all
the other gasses from cow farts. (Yes, Virginia, reputable scientists have
proven that bovine flatulence is a significant side-product of cattle
farming).

Nebraska, besides being the residence of bunches of fine people, also is
home to millions of cows, meaning mega-millions of cow-farts. Whew.

Maybe it would be safer to fill theose silos with stills and let them make
hootch from all that Nebraska corn, Feed the hootch to the cows. Although I
am no expert on this, I suspect that drunk cows might fart less. Anybody
else have an authorative opinion on this?

Flash

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 31, 6:23*pm, "Flash" wrote:
"TwoGuns" wrote in message

[...]

Flash maybe you are n to something. We could have all those cows fart
into a funnel and compress it and store it in the Missile Silos. Then
we could light a match . . . . Of course two million Nebraskans would
probably become Kansans from the blast.

Dennis

Obama win triggers run on guns - "Most of the people there were cussing Obama" Gunner Asch[_4_] Metalworking 40 November 12th 08 12:31 PM
Obama Gunner Asch[_4_] Metalworking 82 September 14th 08 07:45 AM
replacing regular outlet with GFCI, involving light switch KLS Home Ownership 4 February 16th 07 01:08 AM