Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default cleaning flap wheels??

Anybody got a good way to clean these things?

There's maybe an inch and a half of flap left but the last
bout an eighth, has loaded up.

I've tried one of those giant eraser things. Forget what they're
called.
And a file brush. No luck so far.

Maybe a spur type wheel truer would work?

Or if I get desperate I can take a pair of scissors and cut of the
last
eighth on each flap! :-)

Tanks,
DOC
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
Anybody got a good way to clean these things?

There's maybe an inch and a half of flap left but the last
bout an eighth, has loaded up.

I've tried one of those giant eraser things. Forget what they're
called.
And a file brush. No luck so far.

Maybe a spur type wheel truer would work?

Or if I get desperate I can take a pair of scissors and cut of the
last
eighth on each flap! :-)

Tanks,
DOC

Have you tried a grinding wheel dressing stone, or the sharp corner of a
rock or concrete block?