Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What are the Practical Machinist membership requirements?

"Unfortunately your registration at Practical Machinist - Largest
Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web did not meet our membership
requirements"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 26, 11:32*pm, "
wrote:
"Unfortunately your registration at Practical Machinist - Largest
Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web did not meet our membership
requirements"

LOL...wear it as a badge of honor.

It is widely known one needs to kiss D. Thomas' butt on a regular
basis to be one of the boys.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

"Unfortunately your registration at Practical Machinist - Largest
Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web did not meet our membership
requirements"

They let TMT in once. Maybe they don't like applications from a gmail account. Try one
tied to a real isp.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 27, 4:16*am, Wes wrote:
" wrote:

"Unfortunately your registration at Practical Machinist - Largest
Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web did not meet our membership
requirements"

They let TMT in once. *Maybe they don't like applications from a gmail account. *Try one
tied to a real isp.

Wes

LOL...I am there every day...laughing at the antics of the owner.

What a jerk!

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

They let TMT in once. *Maybe they don't like applications from a gmail account. *Try one
tied to a real isp.

Wes

OK, Now I tried that too, same answer.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 27, 11:23*pm, "
wrote:
They let TMT in once. *Maybe they don't like applications from a gmail account. *Try one
tied to a real isp.

Wes

OK, Now I tried that too, same answer.

Go over to the HSM BBS and ask if PM is having problems..it has lots
of them.

Again it's not you...the owner of PM is a piece of work who thinks
he's God.

He ain't.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 22:31:40 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

On Jan 27, 11:23*pm, "
wrote:
They let TMT in once. *Maybe they don't like applications from a gmail account. *Try one
tied to a real isp.

Wes

OK, Now I tried that too, same answer.

Go over to the HSM BBS and ask if PM is having problems..it has lots
of them.

Again it's not you...the owner of PM is a piece of work who thinks
he's God.

He ain't.

TMT

His bulletin board. His rules. He doesn't like prats.

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

They let TMT in once. *Maybe they don't like applications from a gmail account. *Try one
tied to a real isp.

Wes

OK, Now I tried that too, same answer.

I wonder if he is filtering on anything that might indicate you are a hobbiest. I think
Don had/has hopes that it would be a 'pro type metalworking site'. Seems like he lost
that battle

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I am very surprised about this discussion, since I never felt
unwelcome at PM. But, perhaps, I avoided pushing someone's wrong
buttons.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 28, 3:35*pm, Mark Rand wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 22:31:40 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools

wrote:
On Jan 27, 11:23*pm, "
wrote:
They let TMT in once. *Maybe they don't like applications from a gmail account. *Try one
tied to a real isp.

Wes

OK, Now I tried that too, same answer.

Go over to the HSM BBS and ask if PM is having problems..it has lots
of them.

Again it's not you...the owner of PM is a piece of work who thinks
he's God.

He ain't.

TMT

His bulletin board. His rules. He doesn't like prats.

Mark Rand
RTFM- Hide quoted text -

I have no problems with that.

It is a good resource with many people contributing.

But Don Thomas is still a jerk...a really big jerk.

It would be a much better resource if he would get some therapy.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus2885 wrote:

I am very surprised about this discussion, since I never felt
unwelcome at PM. But, perhaps, I avoided pushing someone's wrong
buttons.

I'm really surprised that Clark M is having so much trouble.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 28, 3:40*pm, Wes wrote:
" wrote:

They let TMT in once. *Maybe they don't like applications from a gmail account. *Try one
tied to a real isp.

Wes

OK, Now I tried that too, same answer.

I wonder if he is filtering on anything that might indicate you are a hobbiest. *I think
Don had/has hopes that it would be a 'pro type metalworking site'. *Seems like he lost
that battle

Wes

Don is trying to present a "professional" front so he can attract
commercial advertisers...it is all about the money and ego.

If he was serious about making money, he should get over himself and
get therapy. He has some really damaging attributes that have driven
good posters off and more than one advertiser has pulled
advertisements.

But as long as good info surfaces, I will visit it and laugh at the
management.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

They let TMT in once. *Maybe they don't like applications from a gmail account. *Try one
tied to a real isp.

Wes

OK, Now I tried that too, same answer.

I posted a question the

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...21#post1048721

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 28, 3:49*pm, Ignoramus2885
wrote:
I am very surprised about this discussion, since I never felt
unwelcome at PM. But, perhaps, I avoided pushing someone's wrong
buttons.

Hi Ig.

Hang around on PM long enough and you will see Don misbehave.

It doesn't take long.

He doesn't suffer fools...except himself of course. ;)

I would recommend keeping a low profile...he is known for banning
people for little reason.

And he is a racist so the less he knows about one's race the better.

I would suggest reviewing the PM archives but Don likes to rewrite
history by editing the archives to remove embrassing discussions that
expose his erratic behavior.

Like I said, PM is a good resource but keep your eyes on the owner.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

TMT i'm sure that you as with all of us grew up with the neighborhood
sociopath that if he did not get his own way him being the only one with a
bat and ball
usually got mad and took his ball and bat and went home... pathetic al

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On Jan 27, 11:23 pm, "
wrote:
They let TMT in once. Maybe they don't like applications from a gmail
account. Try one
tied to a real isp.

Wes

OK, Now I tried that too, same answer.

Go over to the HSM BBS and ask if PM is having problems..it has lots
of them.

Again it's not you...the owner of PM is a piece of work who thinks
he's God.

He ain't.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"batw" wrote:

TMT i'm sure that you as with all of us grew up with the neighborhood
sociopath that if he did not get his own way him being the only one with a
bat and ball
usually got mad and took his ball and bat and went home... pathetic al

That was when he was known as Too Many Toys.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:32:37 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

"Unfortunately your registration at Practical Machinist - Largest
Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web did not meet our membership
requirements"

Just try again. I don't know what they didn't like about my first
application, but the second time it went through.

RWL

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I like the moderated format, it keeps the political noise down.

CarlBoyd

Amen brother !!!!

RWL

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

"Unfortunately your registration at Practical Machinist - Largest
Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web did not meet our membership
requirements"

Have you managed to get in?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 31, 4:25*pm, Wes wrote:
" wrote:

"Unfortunately your registration at Practical Machinist - Largest
Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web did not meet our membership
requirements"

Have you managed to get in?

Wes
in their eyes." *Dick Anthony Heller

OK, I'm in now.

you get money in online an after membership Ismail Home Repair 0 December 15th 07 11:28 AM
Anyone have fine woodworking membership ? dwolf Woodworking 7 June 23rd 06 01:44 PM
AAW Membership George Woodturning 2 January 16th 05 11:07 PM
Membership requirements? Puff Griffis Woodworking 19 February 16th 04 07:46 AM
wife offered membership; why not me bob Woodworking 12 July 20th 03 11:53 AM