Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Retirement is at hand!

After 35-1/2 years, I'm getting a package, pretty good one, too at the
end of February. I'm part of the 11% reduction (to be followed by
more, of course). There will be adjustments and financial
considerations, but it looks like my wife will stay employed. She
makes more moolah anyway.

So I'm in gloat mode. I will shortly have time to catch up on some
projects. First on the list will be to acquire some Vidmar or similar
cabinets and sort my mess into good stuff and dempster fodder. Then
it's on to finally finishing the mill, trick stuff for the Marlin 1895
(I'm starting on a stouter, shorter SS cleaning rod tomorrow), set up
the old Rockchucker, three hit-n-miss projects, a large scale model of
the Barbara H. Neuhaus, a tug, etc. I'm really looking forward to it.

Socialization will take a little work, but there's the modelling club
to join, a fellow retiree who also owns a Delta 11", and probably a
lot of others. I'm going to fire the lawn service, no longer having
an excuse. I don't like farming, but it won't take that much time.

I expect in six months to be longing for work so I could get some
rest. Oh, well, I'll pace myself.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete Keillor wrote:
[...]

Good for you, Pete - Congratulations!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete Keillor wrote:

After 35-1/2 years, I'm getting a package, pretty good one, too at the
end of February. I'm part of the 11% reduction (to be followed by
more, of course). There will be adjustments and financial
considerations, but it looks like my wife will stay employed. She
makes more moolah anyway.

Congrats, I hope to manage to jump off the treadmill some day and get the cheese.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Congrats. I wanted to retire since first grade. I am sure that you
will have a lot of fun. Vidmar cabinets are quite expensive. You can
find them at liquidations, buy a couple of extra things, resell, and
thus acquire the cabinets for free.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 16, 4:22*pm, Pete Keillor wrote:
[...]

Congrats Pete.

Enjoy it!!!!

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete Keillor wrote:
After 35-1/2 years, I'm getting a package, pretty good one, too at the
end of February.

Welcome Aboard, Pete!
Here's to a happy and rewarding retirement.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:22:30 -0500, Pete Keillor
wrote:

After 35-1/2 years, I'm getting a package, pretty good one, too at the
end of February. I'm part of the 11% reduction (to be followed by
more, of course).

snip

Good luck and enjoy!!!!

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and
what shall be the end?

Essays, "Of Innovations" (1597-1625).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

There will be adjustments and financial
considerations, but it looks like my wife will stay employed. �She
makes more moolah anyway.

Pete.

It will not last long. You at home doing nothing and mama slaving!!
this is not the real world. Unless she is bringing it home by the ton.
In that case why did you work 35�?

Bob AZ
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Retirement is much too good to waste on those too young to appreciate
it!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Congratulations!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:13:53 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:22:30 -0500, Pete Keillor
wrote:

snip

Retirement is much too good to waste on those too young to appreciate
it!

Well said!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 19:45:29 -0600, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:

Pete,

I'll add my congrats and hope you go to NAMES this year. I would like to meet you; lunch will be on
me.

Bob Swinney

Thanks, Bob. I hope to.

Pete

.. .
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:22:30 -0500, Pete Keillor
wrote:

snip

Retirement is much too good to waste on those too young to appreciate
it!

Well said!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete Keillor wrote in
:

After 35-1/2 years, I'm getting a package, pretty good one, too at the
end of February. I'm part of the 11% reduction (to be followed by
more, of course). There will be adjustments and financial
considerations, but it looks like my wife will stay employed. She
makes more moolah anyway.

Congratulations!

When I retired 7 years ago, I got a pay raise!

Yup - I get paid more to NOT work than I ever did on the job. grin

When asked, I just tell people that I'm a "Remittance Man". GRIN
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-01-18, RAM³ wrote:
Pete Keillor wrote in
:

After 35-1/2 years, I'm getting a package, pretty good one, too at the
end of February. I'm part of the 11% reduction (to be followed by
more, of course). There will be adjustments and financial
considerations, but it looks like my wife will stay employed. She
makes more moolah anyway.

Congratulations!

When I retired 7 years ago, I got a pay raise!

Yup - I get paid more to NOT work than I ever did on the job. grin

When asked, I just tell people that I'm a "Remittance Man". GRIN

Mine is "Gainfully Unemployed". :-)

Welcome to the club,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete Keillor" wrote in message
After 35-1/2 years, I'm getting a package,

snip good stuff

Pete,
I retired just shy of my 55th birthday. My only regret is that I didn't do
so earlier.

Enjoy!

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:

"Pete Keillor" wrote in message
After 35-1/2 years, I'm getting a package,

snip good stuff

Pete,
I retired just shy of my 55th birthday. My only regret is that I didn't do
so earlier.

I retired just shy of 35, it's been wonderful for the last 30+ years

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"nick hull" wrote in message
In article ,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:

"Pete Keillor" wrote in message
After 35-1/2 years, I'm getting a package,

snip good stuff

Pete,
I retired just shy of my 55th birthday. My only regret is that I didn't
do
so earlier.

I retired just shy of 35, it's been wonderful for the last 30+ years

Heh! No kidding! I'd have loved to have been able to do that. I've never
had a dull moment. I'm not an idle person, and have more projects lined up
than I have time to fulfill them. I could have used every minute of that
time you enjoyed!

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Congratulation Pete...you will love it.