Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Retirement is at hand!

After 35-1/2 years, I'm getting a package, pretty good one, too at the
end of February. I'm part of the 11% reduction (to be followed by
more, of course). There will be adjustments and financial
considerations, but it looks like my wife will stay employed. She
makes more moolah anyway.

So I'm in gloat mode. I will shortly have time to catch up on some
projects. First on the list will be to acquire some Vidmar or similar
cabinets and sort my mess into good stuff and dempster fodder. Then
it's on to finally finishing the mill, trick stuff for the Marlin 1895
(I'm starting on a stouter, shorter SS cleaning rod tomorrow), set up
the old Rockchucker, three hit-n-miss projects, a large scale model of
the Barbara H. Neuhaus, a tug, etc. I'm really looking forward to it.

Socialization will take a little work, but there's the modelling club
to join, a fellow retiree who also owns a Delta 11", and probably a
lot of others. I'm going to fire the lawn service, no longer having
an excuse. I don't like farming, but it won't take that much time.

I expect in six months to be longing for work so I could get some
rest. Oh, well, I'll pace myself.

Pete Keillor