Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Retirement is at hand!

On Jan 16, 4:22*pm, Pete Keillor wrote:
After 35-1/2 years, I'm getting a package, pretty good one, too at the
end of February. *I'm part of the 11% reduction (to be followed by
more, of course). *There will be adjustments and financial
considerations, but it looks like my wife will stay employed. *She
makes more moolah anyway.

So I'm in gloat mode. *I will shortly have time to catch up on some
projects. *First on the list will be to acquire some Vidmar or similar
cabinets and sort my mess into good stuff and dempster fodder. *Then
it's on to finally finishing the mill, trick stuff for the Marlin 1895
(I'm starting on a stouter, shorter SS cleaning rod tomorrow), set up
the old Rockchucker, three hit-n-miss projects, a large scale model of
the Barbara H. Neuhaus, a tug, etc. *I'm really looking forward to it.

Socialization will take a little work, but there's the modelling club
to join, a fellow retiree who also owns a Delta 11", and probably a
lot of others. *I'm going to fire the lawn service, no longer having
an excuse. *I don't like farming, but it won't take that much time.

I expect in six months to be longing for work so I could get some
rest. *Oh, well, I'll pace myself.

Pete Keillor

Congratulation Pete...you will love it.

TMT