Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sheet metal rolling

I have made sets of rollers for my Pexto beading machine to make a step
flange in 3 sizes.
Since i have no instruction book, now the question of procedure comes.
How do i roll a 1/4 step?
If I use multiple passes whether I set it loose vertically or horizontally I
get a pair of bends and to tighten it up to a full shape actually will
remove one bend and replace it, causing fatigue.
Do i roll it in one pass? I am using soft 1100 series aluminum in 1/16

--
Stupendous Man,