Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default When would you use round carbide inserts like this?

I'm wondering when you would use round carbide inserts like this?

BTW, I am a HSM and not in production.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SANDVIK-LATHE-TO...3A1%7C294%3A50

Thanks in advance,

Rod
San Francisco

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I use one for shallow finish cuts. leaves a nice surface, and can be rotated
more than the usual 3 or 6 times to get a new edge.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"rodjava" wrote in message
I'm wondering when you would use round carbide inserts like this?

BTW, I am a HSM and not in production.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SANDVIK-LATHE-TO...3A1%7C294%3A50

Thanks in advance,

Rod
San Francisco

Transition from a diameter to a face leaving a radius in the root thus
avoiding stress risers.

AWEM