Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lantern LED style

I bought a crank up one, with the funnel "tornado shaped" reflector. The
unit was ten bucks at Walgreens, how can you go wrong?

* The on off button does provide three different light levels, but the
button doesn't line up with the hole, so it's hard to use
* The internal battery only lasts 15 minutes or so
* Has 4.5 volt external jack, but could have used a place to put three AA
cells. I don't have an external 4.5 volt pack. I guess I could have built
one. If the light had been useful.
* Light output was blue, not very useful
* Light output was a flat plane, no light shined up or down

One friend of mine really liked it, so I gave it to her.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"robert bowman" wrote in message

Has anybody used one of the LED models?

Insect Killer (lantern style). ian field Electronics Repair 26 December 26th 07 04:54 PM
DIY Garden Lantern Charlie UK diy 12 June 9th 07 12:50 AM
Odd PIR lantern John Rumm UK diy 5 February 25th 07 05:46 PM
PRARIE LANTERN J T Woodworking 0 January 30th 06 01:03 AM
LANTERN HOLDER J T Woodworking 0 January 8th 06 07:17 PM