Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Who was looking for low cost drill press machines?

Thanks to a friend, I've got access again via Teranews. Not sure why it
didn't work, but after changing the password and giving him temporary
access, it synchronized with the group (all 270,000+ posts!!!).

I read a message a minute ago but did a massive purge so I lost the original
poster's info...

Someone was looking for an inexpensive drill press to replace their Harbor
Freight machine I think.

Here are some options with estimated pricing from 2006 or 2007:

Delta DP400 or 17-900 (3/4 HP $400)
Jet JDP-17MF (3/4 HP $475)
Grizzly #G7944 (3/4 HP $350)
Grainger #3Z917 (1/2 HP $450)
Jet JDP-20MF (1-1/2 HP $950)
Grizzly #G7948 (1-1/2 HP, $600)
Grainger #3Z919 (1 HP, $800)
Ellis #9400 (2 HP, $2200)
Grizzly #G0521 (2 HP, 3 Phase, $1250)

The following machines are all identical to one another or at least very
close:

DAYTON 3Z917E, 3Z918, 3Z918F, 5Z146
DELTA DP400
DELTA 17-900, 17-901
DELTA 17-950L, 17-959
GRAINGER 3Z917E, 3Z918, 3Z918F, 5Z146
GRIZZLY G7943 & G7944
JET JDP-17MF
PALMGREN 80153, 80154

Most are made in Taiwan by Rexon.

Although AutoDrill does not directly sell drill press machines, the brands
above are generally well known to us and we have had good reports on them
from customers.

One of the most important things to know is the RPM and horsepower
requirement is for your worst application. You can see the following web
page for a chart to calculate your HP needs in very basic form:

http://www.multi-drill.com/drill-speed-chart.htm

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in news:af8b7$495a8509$16078
@news.teranews.com:

Thanks to a friend, I've got access again via Teranews. Not sure why it
didn't work, but after changing the password and giving him temporary
access, it synchronized with the group (all 270,000+ posts!!!).

Welcome back, Joe!