Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Next time they talk about deadbeat dads

Man jailed for not supporting kids that aren't his.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28080381/

Cracking down on deadbeat dads is always a popular political topic but who
are the cracking down on. Are they cracking down on people that pay their
child support and are not behind? Yes, they are. I have been taken to
court several times by the Illinois Department of Public Aid Child Support
Enforcement simply because they can't calculate the support amount
correctly. When I get to court, the States Atty already has their mistake
figured out and I don't even have to appear before the judge. Then anywhere
from 2 weeks to a year or so later it happens again. The last time, they
skipped the court process and ordered my employer to withold for arrearage.
It took 8 months for them to have the additional witholdings stopped and
they sent papers to my ex that they determined that it wasn't their fault
and she owed me all that money back.

So, if you hear a politician talking about cracking down on deadbeat dads,
ask them if they are going to stop cracking down on those who pay their
child support.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-12-15, RogerN wrote:
[...]

This is not the first time I hear that our Child Support Enforcement
is a very sorry mess, a stupid and mean organization.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote:

Cracking down on deadbeat dads is always a popular political topic but who
are the cracking down on. Are they cracking down on people that pay their
child support and are not behind? Yes, they are. I have been taken to
court several times by the Illinois Department of Public Aid Child Support
Enforcement simply because they can't calculate the support amount
correctly. When I get to court, the States Atty already has their mistake
figured out and I don't even have to appear before the judge. Then anywhere
from 2 weeks to a year or so later it happens again. The last time, they
skipped the court process and ordered my employer to withold for arrearage.
It took 8 months for them to have the additional witholdings stopped and
they sent papers to my ex that they determined that it wasn't their fault
and she owed me all that money back.

I would think that you could sue for false arrest, defamation of character and all sorts
of things if you could afford it which is likely the the case.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I talked to an attorney about it one time and they said I would have to
prove that they were taking me to court to be malicious. I guess I can't
sue them for being incompetent. After they ordered withholding from my
employer, I sent them proof right away that I was not behind. Months later
they threatened to take my income tax return and I sent them the proof that
I was not behind once again by certified mail. I ended up calling their
office at the state capitol and I got ahold of someone that was very helpful
and got the witholding stopped. Being ahead in support has gotten them to
leave me alone so hopefully I won't hear from them again.

I just thought it was bad that they do such a poor job but are given the
authority to order witholding without even giving the non-custodial parent a
chance to prove they are not behind on the support payments. I was under
the mistaken idea that if I paid the child support that they would leave me
alone.

RogerN

"Wes" wrote in message
"RogerN" wrote:

I would think that you could sue for false arrest, defamation of character
and all sorts
of things if you could afford it which is likely the the case.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote in message

[...]

The mistaken inpression you were under was that your Ex wouldn't **** with
you Roger.
She's the one filing the complaints.

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote:

I talked to an attorney about it one time and they said I would have to
prove that they were taking me to court to be malicious. I guess I can't
sue them for being incompetent.

If you are harmed, you are harmed. As much as a I hate tort, the purpose of tort is to
make one that is aggrieved whole. You were harmed.

Did that attorney happen to practice in the same county that you were going to sue? There
tends to be a good old boys club in these things.

You need to talk to someone that doesn't make the bulk of his or her living in your
jurisdiction.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

No, she was on public aid for a while and later had a medical card for the
kids. That gets them involved and they screw up everything from there.
When I got a new job she took me back to court for more money and told the
judge that public aid kept mailing her that I owed her money. The judge
asked her if I was behind on my payments. She said she didn't thinks so but
public aid kept telling her that I was. The Judge said that was not
unusual. Even the Judge knew that the Dept of Public Aid falsely accused
people of being behind on payments.

RogerN

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

The mistaken inpression you were under was that your Ex wouldn't **** with
you Roger.
She's the one filing the complaints.

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 15, 6:31*pm, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:
"RogerN" wrote in message

[...]

This is the time to seriously consider working for yourself and
getting paid under the table as much as possible.

First get together with your ex in a quiet location and tell her to
cease and desist or you'll quit your job and take one at minimum
wages. That should get her her panties in a twist and perhaps
straighten her out.

If you can show that she maliciously files claims of late payment
perhaps you could file a tort suit. All you would have to do is prove
you made payments on time and that her actions cost you money.

Wolfgang
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

The mistaken inpression you were under was that your Ex wouldn't ****
with you Roger.
She's the one filing the complaints.

No, she was on public aid for a while and later had a medical card for the
kids. That gets them involved and they screw up everything from there.
When I got a new job she took me back to court for more money and told the
judge that public aid kept mailing her that I owed her money. The judge
asked her if I was behind on my payments. She said she didn't thinks so
but public aid kept telling her that I was. The Judge said that was not
unusual. Even the Judge knew that the Dept of Public Aid falsely accused
people of being behind on payments.

You are full of it Roger and playing with the truth is the reason you Bible
beaters are scoffed at by anyone with a brain.
Here is what you said - and it's the truth:

"she took me back to court for more money "
In other words, she signed and filed a complaint.

She took you back to court.
You and your ex are two of a kind.
She wants to get her child support twice and you want to figure out how tp
commit insurance fraud.

Putting fathers in jail for non payment of child support never made sense to
me BTW.
Neither, however, did blaming my difficulties on others.
You are the guy that knocked her up didn't you?

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
"RogerN" wrote in message

[...]

I haven't any support issues - or children for that matter.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

You are full of it Roger and playing with the truth is the reason you
Bible beaters are scoffed at by anyone with a brain.
Here is what you said - and it's the truth:

"she took me back to court for more money "
In other words, she signed and filed a complaint.

Since the divorce, I have been back to court several times. Twice she took
me to court to get the CS raised when I got a different job making better
money. IDPA (Illinois Department of Public Aid) took me to court other
times saying I was behind on my payments. She knew I wasn't behind on my
payments because the payments came out of my paycheck before I ever received
it.

She took you back to court.
You and your ex are two of a kind.
She wants to get her child support twice and you want to figure out how tp
commit insurance fraud.

I don't want to figure out ho to commit insurance fraud. I don't think she
wanted to get her child support twice either, at least she never attempted
to.

Putting fathers in jail for non payment of child support never made sense
to me BTW.
Neither, however, did blaming my difficulties on others.
You are the guy that knocked her up didn't you?

Probably on 2 of the 3 kids, the 3rd one doesn't look like the other two.
All I want to do is pay my child support and be left alone. I don't see
that IDPA taking me to court when I'm up to date with my child support has
anything to do with blaming my difficulties on others.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-12-16, RogerN wrote:

Probably on 2 of the 3 kids, the 3rd one doesn't look like the other two.
All I want to do is pay my child support and be left alone. I don't see
that IDPA taking me to court when I'm up to date with my child support has
anything to do with blaming my difficulties on others.

IL child support, though, is pretty mild, I think that 25% of aftertax
income for two kids, and 30% for three, if I recall correctly.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-12-16, RogerN wrote:

Probably on 2 of the 3 kids, the 3rd one doesn't look like the other two.
All I want to do is pay my child support and be left alone. I don't see
that IDPA taking me to court when I'm up to date with my child support
has
anything to do with blaming my difficulties on others.

IL child support, though, is pretty mild, I think that 25% of aftertax
income for two kids, and 30% for three, if I recall correctly.

For my 3 kids it's 32% after tax plus I have to provide health insurance for
them. On my income I get ~$450 for my household (me, my wife, and my son)
and the child support is a little over $200 per week. My wife lost her job
when the factory she was working at closed down. My kids have to work after
school if they want money but my ex bought herself a sport car and many
other luxuries. Since her income is only half of what I make, I can't
figure out how she can help support the kids and afford a sport car for
herself. Oh, maybe that's why the kids have to work after school. My
oldest daughter told me that she and her friends figured out long ago that
their mother is spending their support money on herself.

My oldest daughter is 19 and out of school so I could get her taken off of
CS if I wanted to go to court. But sometimes I get overtime and I don't
think the support would lower very much anyway. Her sister is 18 and will
graduate HS in 2009 but is planning to attend college. The youngest
daughter just turned 16 so I have a few years to go with HS and college.

Basically they want to crack down if fathers don't pay their child support
but they don't care if the mother uses the money for the children or not.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...

For my 3 kids it's 32% after tax plus I have to provide health insurance
for them. On my income I get ~$450 for my household (me, my wife, and my
son) and the child support is a little over $200 per week.

I forgot to mention something else that I think is unfair. I don't get to
claim any of the child support on my taxes. So, 32% of my income goes to my
3 daughters and I am taxed as if I don't pay a dime in CS and don't get to
claim those children a dependants.

What would be fair is if I claimed the CS as an expense, the ex claimed it
as income, but the ex got to claim all the kids. That's fair because that
is actually how it is. But that's not how it's taxed, it is taxed as if I
don't pay CS and she doesn't receive CS.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-12-16, RogerN wrote:

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...

For my 3 kids it's 32% after tax plus I have to provide health insurance
for them. On my income I get ~$450 for my household (me, my wife, and my
son) and the child support is a little over $200 per week.

I forgot to mention something else that I think is unfair. I don't get to
claim any of the child support on my taxes. So, 32% of my income goes to my
3 daughters and I am taxed as if I don't pay a dime in CS and don't get to
claim those children a dependants.

That's why it is called 32% after tax.

What would be fair is if I claimed the CS as an expense, the ex claimed it
as income, but the ex got to claim all the kids. That's fair because that
is actually how it is. But that's not how it's taxed, it is taxed as if I
don't pay CS and she doesn't receive CS.

You would be far worse off in California.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RogerN, it could be worse. If you were a billionaire Kirk Kerkorian in
California, you would be forced to pay your ex-wife from a 28 day
marriage, $320,000 PER MONTH of child support, for a child who is not
even yours. That might make you appreciate your current situation.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Yeah, it seem no mater what, there's always someone worse off and there's
always someone better off. I'm not complaining about the amount of child
support, it's just that I pay it and I still get taken to court due to other
peoples mistake.

Personally, I think Kirk Kerkorian should hire someone to severely beat the
crap out of all involved in causing his situation. He has to pay for their
BS, they should pay too. Perhaps if the judge was in the hospital for a few
months he'd think twice about ordering child support from someone that isn't
the childs parent.

RogerN

"Ignoramus23050" wrote in message
RogerN, it could be worse. If you were a billionaire Kirk Kerkorian in
California, you would be forced to pay your ex-wife from a 28 day
marriage, $320,000 PER MONTH of child support, for a child who is not
even yours. That might make you appreciate your current situation.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"RogerN" wrote:

I was under
the mistaken idea that if I paid the child support that they would leave me
alone.

You were under the mistaken impression you are innocent until proven
guilty, a concept discarded by the govt ;(

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 16, 2:14*am, "RogerN" wrote:
[...]

Roger,

I strongly suspected that your ex is partying on your dime... We have
friends in a similar boat as you and have heard many tales.

See if you can get a job that pays gross or under the table. Your
ex's kids are old enough to look after themselves.

Check if you can sue her under tort law. Don't take this crap lying
down!

Wolfgang
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:42:49 -0600, "RogerN"
wrote:

Since the divorce, I have been back to court several times. Twice she took
me to court to get the CS raised when I got a different job making better
money. IDPA (Illinois Department of Public Aid) took me to court other
times saying I was behind on my payments. She knew I wasn't behind on my
payments because the payments came out of my paycheck before I ever received
it.

RogerN

Something that hasn't been mentioned is the employer link. Just
because CS is withheld from your check doesn't mean it has been sent
to the state. Companies get in a bind and don't forward taxes and CS.

Next time ask your employer for the deposit slips for the payments in
question. Maybe they were sent in late.