Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default OT Next time they talk about deadbeat dads

On 2008-12-16, RogerN wrote:

Probably on 2 of the 3 kids, the 3rd one doesn't look like the other two.
All I want to do is pay my child support and be left alone. I don't see
that IDPA taking me to court when I'm up to date with my child support
has
anything to do with blaming my difficulties on others.

IL child support, though, is pretty mild, I think that 25% of aftertax
income for two kids, and 30% for three, if I recall correctly.

For my 3 kids it's 32% after tax plus I have to provide health insurance for
them. On my income I get ~$450 for my household (me, my wife, and my son)
and the child support is a little over $200 per week. My wife lost her job
when the factory she was working at closed down. My kids have to work after
school if they want money but my ex bought herself a sport car and many
other luxuries. Since her income is only half of what I make, I can't
figure out how she can help support the kids and afford a sport car for
herself. Oh, maybe that's why the kids have to work after school. My
oldest daughter told me that she and her friends figured out long ago that
their mother is spending their support money on herself.

My oldest daughter is 19 and out of school so I could get her taken off of
CS if I wanted to go to court. But sometimes I get overtime and I don't
think the support would lower very much anyway. Her sister is 18 and will
graduate HS in 2009 but is planning to attend college. The youngest
daughter just turned 16 so I have a few years to go with HS and college.

Basically they want to crack down if fathers don't pay their child support
but they don't care if the mother uses the money for the children or not.

RogerN