Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Back to work !

Got a call yesterday from a fellow that is competing for business with my
former employer ... I start Monday . Had to take a bit of a cut in pay (well
, I didn't exactly ask him to match ...) but it shouldn't hurt the take home
, since I won't be payin' out over $175/week for insurance and IRA right now
..
I don't wish my former employer any bad luck , but if his general manager
(backstabbin' SOB) chokes on a chicken bone it wouldn't hurt my feelings .
I wasn't really looking forward to runnin' my own business , but if
that's what it took ... I do plan on still doing some steel fab work on the
side , gotta build the madmoney account back up .
--
Snag
sometimes ya gotta

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Congratulations Terry ! Landing a good job in this lousy economy is quite a fortunate thing. Sort
of like "A bird in the hand is worth several in the bush". You will be OK now. Don't give up on
your fab shop dream. Now you will be able to work at it in your leisure since survival has been
taken ut of the equation. Best wishes.

Bob Swinney
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
Got a call yesterday from a fellow that is competing for business with my
former employer ... I start Monday . Had to take a bit of a cut in pay (well
, I didn't exactly ask him to match ...) but it shouldn't hurt the take home
, since I won't be payin' out over $175/week for insurance and IRA right now
..
I don't wish my former employer any bad luck , but if his general manager
(backstabbin' SOB) chokes on a chicken bone it wouldn't hurt my feelings .
I wasn't really looking forward to runnin' my own business , but if
that's what it took ... I do plan on still doing some steel fab work on the
side , gotta build the madmoney account back up .
--
Snag
sometimes ya gotta
shovel manure
to pay the bills

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Terry Coombs" wrote:

Got a call yesterday from a fellow that is competing for business with my
former employer ... I start Monday . Had to take a bit of a cut in pay (well
, I didn't exactly ask him to match ...) but it shouldn't hurt the take home
, since I won't be payin' out over $175/week for insurance and IRA right now

I've been there where you take what you can get. Sounds a bit better than that. Man does
what he has to do. Hope this works out for you. Remember you are hired for a position,
where you end up is up to you.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don't give up on
your fab shop dream. Now you will be able to work at it in your leisure
since survival has been
taken ut of the equation. Best wishes.

I second that, you never know where a road will lead.

The Road not Taken
Robert Frost

and I –
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Back to work !

The song lyrics generally always come to mind "payin' the cost to be the
boss" (BB King but also Pat Benatar?, don't recall her version) when folks
tell me about being in business.

Jobs don't always have the pay, respect or gratitude they deserve, but they
often don't include the headaches/stress of payroll, bad employees, rising
overhead costs etc.

--
WB
metalworking projects