Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default OT Back to work !

The song lyrics generally always come to mind "payin' the cost to be the
boss" (BB King but also Pat Benatar?, don't recall her version) when folks
tell me about being in business.

Jobs don't always have the pay, respect or gratitude they deserve, but they
often don't include the headaches/stress of payroll, bad employees, rising
overhead costs etc.

--
WB
metalworking projects

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
Got a call yesterday from a fellow that is competing for business with my
former employer ... I start Monday . Had to take a bit of a cut in pay
(well , I didn't exactly ask him to match ...) but it shouldn't hurt the
take home , since I won't be payin' out over $175/week for insurance and
IRA right now .
I don't wish my former employer any bad luck , but if his general manager
(backstabbin' SOB) chokes on a chicken bone it wouldn't hurt my feelings .
I wasn't really looking forward to runnin' my own business , but if
that's what it took ... I do plan on still doing some steel fab work on
the side , gotta build the madmoney account back up .
--
Snag
sometimes ya gotta