Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT rec.politics.no.metalworking

Can't you guys take it somewhere else and use this forum for what it was set
up for. Is it ever going to stop? Yes I just added to the off crap here!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:31:14 -0600, the infamous "Getting really tired
of this political stuff" scrawled the following:

Can't you guys take it somewhere else and use this forum for what it was set
up for. Is it ever going to stop? Yes I just added to the off crap here!

It appears that politics & corruption have always been with us, OhNo.

A FEW WORDS TO THE WISE

“The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled,

public debt should be reduced,

the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled,

and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome
become bankrupt.

People must again learn to work, instead of living on public
assistance."

-- Cicero, 55 BC

--
If we all did the things we are capable of doing,
we would literally astound ourselves.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:31:14 -0600, the infamous "Getting really tired
of this political stuff" scrawled the following:

Can't you guys take it somewhere else and use this forum for what it was
set
up for. Is it ever going to stop? Yes I just added to the off crap here!

It appears that politics & corruption have always been with us, OhNo.

A FEW WORDS TO THE WISE

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled,

public debt should be reduced,

the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled,

and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome
become bankrupt.

People must again learn to work, instead of living on public
assistance."

-- Cicero, 55 BC

And you know what they did to him, right? They cut off his head and hands,
and nailed them to the Rostra.

The people who did that later founded MasterCard and VISA. So much for
scolds. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:16:49 -0500, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Politicians are such _bad_ sports. I swear...

Verily, power doth corrupt.

--
If we all did the things we are capable of doing,
we would literally astound ourselves.
-- Thomas A. Edison
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Getting really tired of this political stuff" wrote:

Can't you guys take it somewhere else and use this forum for what it was set
up for. Is it ever going to stop? Yes I just added to the off crap here!

I believe there is a standard method for proposing a new group that isn't in the alt
hierarchy. I did a quick google, this is the first that came up:
http://www.duke.edu/ugm/proposal-submission.html

Since it was last modified in 1996, it might be out of date.

Have fun and report back.

Wes

ps Shout out to Ed and Larry!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

And you know what they did to him, right? They cut off his head and hands,
and nailed them to the Rostra.

The people who did that later founded MasterCard and VISA. So much for
scolds. d8-)

Remember, there's only ever been one man that has been perfect. And, we
nailed Him to the cross.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:16:49 -0500, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Ahm thinkin Darwin would disagree with that pithy but dubious causal
direction.
Corruption is a process of natural selection that results in power.

The successfully corrupt would have us believe that it is competence and
hard work that results in power, but dats just so the rest of us deluded
assholes work better and harder.

Ed, they had welfare in 55 BC?? Dude, it's time travel for me!
Or, a trip to England.

--
PV'd

--
If we all did the things we are capable of doing,
we would literally astound ourselves.
-- Thomas A. Edison

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message

[...]

'Dunno how it worked, though.

Dude, it's time travel for me!
Or, a trip to England.

Well, they're the same thing.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

In the days of the Roman Empire the "public" was indeed given what you call
welfare. If by that you mean food. Because the empire got a lot of its grain
from Africa which it distributed free to the public that couldn't feed
itself. In fact, the free food for the public was a main reason that kept
the empire intact. Without those free handouts the people would have torn
the place apart. Another reminder that nothing has changed was the practice
in those days of avoiding military service. Youths not wanting to fight cut
off their right thumb making it impossible for them to use a sword. That was
the Roman version of shooting yourself in the foot. Nothing has changed when
it comes to human behavior, at least nothing much.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Can't you guys take it somewhere else and use this forum for what it was
set
up for. Is it ever going to stop? Yes I just added to the off crap here!

I find that the most pathetic thing about the political posters is that they
actually believe that we will "come around" to their viewpoint now that we
have been enlightened. By someone who can't even use the English language
properly!
--
Stupendous Man,

OT - Politics J T Woodworking 309 January 3rd 08 11:51 PM
Politics Carlos Woodworking 1 December 30th 07 10:47 PM
Some politics netprospect UK diy 0 July 9th 07 11:29 AM
OT (yeah, right!): Politics Charlie Self Woodworking 124 September 6th 04 08:16 PM
OT (yeah, right!): Politics Tom Watson Woodworking 140 September 4th 04 04:02 PM