Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How the hell?

Went to the doctor yesterday after a couple of weeks of intense side pain.
He poked and prodded and asked me this and that. Then he said I pulled my
end rib loose from the others. I thought they were all attatched. Guess I
lifted one too many blocks. Drat. Now a few weeks with a rubber band
brace.

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
Went to the doctor yesterday after a couple of weeks of intense side pain.
He poked and prodded and asked me this and that. Then he said I pulled my
end rib loose from the others. I thought they were all attatched. Guess
I lifted one too many blocks. Drat. Now a few weeks with a rubber band
brace.

Well, ackshooly, you can just have it removed. It will improve yer figger.

Models do it all the time. Well, less often than their noses, bellies, and
breasts.

Mebbe, since you already loosened one, they wouldn't charge you as much to
remove it.

That is odd, tho. Mebbe off balance lifting? Would think yer back woulda
gone out, before a rib.

I would have an x-ray done. It could also be a pulled muscle, which can
ball up/swell, and look like a protrusion of sorts.

But these things can indeed loosen up, incl. the sternum -- all held
together with ligaments. Still odd.
--
DT

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and
imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be
done." Theodore Roosevelt 1891

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 22:09:08 -0800, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas
wrote:

"DrollTroll" wrote in message

[...]

Ligaments and stainless steel wire. I had open heart surgery, 5 way bypass,
and aortic valve replaced. They left the wire. Then July 4th past, I
crushed my L1 vertebra 1/2" when my ATV came back over on me while on a
trail. I told the doc I keep thinking I'm young, but my body won't comply.

Yeah, I think I did it lifting three of those 80# Windsor Wall blocks. One
at a time, of course.

Steve

Do you mean you're not like me? I'm only as old as I feel, so I only
have birthdays in years ending in an odd number - next year Junior
(born 1974) and I will be the same age!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

PTV 745 from hell [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 September 12th 07 04:51 PM
2x4 from hell! John DeBoo Woodworking 6 June 8th 05 10:56 PM
Ok why the hell did I buy this???? Waynemak Metalworking 18 June 5th 05 07:15 PM
What the Hell is it? JRJohnson Metalworking 20 May 3rd 05 07:30 PM
RCD Hell diynovice UK diy 3 February 1st 05 08:30 PM