Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DrollTroll DrollTroll is offline

Default How the hell?

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
Went to the doctor yesterday after a couple of weeks of intense side pain.
He poked and prodded and asked me this and that. Then he said I pulled my
end rib loose from the others. I thought they were all attatched. Guess
I lifted one too many blocks. Drat. Now a few weeks with a rubber band
brace.

Well, ackshooly, you can just have it removed. It will improve yer figger.

Models do it all the time. Well, less often than their noses, bellies, and
breasts.

Mebbe, since you already loosened one, they wouldn't charge you as much to
remove it.

That is odd, tho. Mebbe off balance lifting? Would think yer back woulda
gone out, before a rib.

I would have an x-ray done. It could also be a pulled muscle, which can
ball up/swell, and look like a protrusion of sorts.

But these things can indeed loosen up, incl. the sternum -- all held
together with ligaments. Still odd.
--
DT

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and