Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Justice report: U.S. attorney firings

Cliff wrote:
http://www.startribune.com/politics/...D3aPc:_Yyc:aUU
"A Justice Department report to be released today offers a blistering critique
of the political motivations that led to the firings of a group of U.S.
attorneys in late 2006 ..."
"The report was also expected to produce evidence that Sampson was carrying
out directives from more senior officials, including former White House adviser
Karl Rove and former White House counsel Harriet Miers."

What part of "..serves at the pleasure of the Executive office" do you
assholes not understand?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 29, 2:38*pm, RB wrote:
Cliff wrote:
http://www.startribune.com/politics/...tml?elr=KArksD....
* "A Justice Department report to be released today offers a blistering critique
of the political motivations that led to the firings of a group of U.S.
attorneys in late 2006 ..."
* "The report was also expected to produce evidence that Sampson was carrying
out directives from more senior officials, including former White House adviser
Karl Rove and former White House counsel Harriet Miers."

What part of "..serves at the pleasure of the Executive office" do you
assholes not understand?

Well, if they were fired because they refused to *not* drop
investigations into prominent republicans, or were fired because they
refused to *maliciously* prosecute democrats that were not under
otherwise scrutiny, there's a problem. And there was a crime (in their
marching orders).

If they were fired just because they didn't walk the walk with proper
republican ideology, I see that as a problem because a DOJ that's just
an executive political tool will of course be misused... but such use
is indeed legal and constitutional.

IOW, they were legally fired, but if they were fired because they
wouldn't break the law, I for one would like to know.

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:00:59 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sep 29, 2:38*pm, RB wrote:
Cliff wrote:
[...]

Heads up Davy Boyo..every time there is a new administration,
virtually all get the ax

Its accepted procedure all the way back to FDR

Unless you are claiming that Bush is so powerful that he set precident
80 yrs ago.....

And speaking of carrying out the wishes...anyone heard from
Terry Lenzner these days?

Clinton's secret police revisited
1:00 am Eastern

As the impeachment hearings begin in the House Judiciary Committee, we
learn a little bit more about the "secret police" President Clinton
has commissioned to intimidate witnesses, investigate adversaries and
harass opposition.

If the inquiry doesn't deal with dirty trickster Terry Lenzner, you'll
know the fix is in.

Who is this guy? He's a CIA-connected attorney-turned-private
investigator whose Investigative Group International firm has had at
least one taxpayer-paid contract with the White House for $100,000.

Today, WorldNetDaily reveals an interesting twist to Lenzner's CIA
link. He admits representing one of the darkest and most notorious
agency figures -- Sidney Gottlieb, described as a real-life "Dr.
Strangelove" character who ran black operations in drug and
mind-control experiments.

Lenzner, the former Senate Watergate counsel, even sued a Senate
committee investigating CIA dirty tricks and assassinations to keep
Gottlieb's name from emerging in hearings.

Nice guy, huh? But it gets worse. This is clearly a man on a mission.
It's just a little difficult to figure out what that mission is.
Lenzner had worked in the Nixon Justice Department before being fired
for funneling taxpayer dollars to the Black Panthers and other
militant groups. He then joined the defense team of Father Philip
Berrigan, charged with planning to kidnap Henry Kissinger, blow up
heating tunnels and destroy draft records.

Is he a political zealot? A hired gun? It's tough to know with the
mysterious Lenzner. But if the House Judiciary Committee doesn't ask
any probing questions about him and his role in the Clinton scandals
cover-up, we'll know for certain that he's got the goods on one too
many committee members.

That's the role of Clinton's secret police -- one of the great untold
stories of this repressive administration and a far bigger scandal
than Monica Lewinsky. If you doubt it, ladies and gentlemen of the
committee, just call former Clinton aide Dick Morris, who has written
eloquently about what was called in the Nixon administration a
"plumbers' operation," to testify.

How could the impeachment inquiry not touch on what Clinton bought
from Lenzner with taxpayer dollars totaling at least $100,000? Aren't
members just a little curious? Or are they too afraid to find out what
Lenzner might have learned -- perhaps about them?

Perjury, obstruction of justice and hush payments interest me. They
are certainly impeachable offenses. But it seems the Congress is
missing the big picture here.

The real crimes of the Clinton administration involve dirty tricks,
illegal domestic spying, misuse of official files, abuse of federal
agencies, foreign cash, technology leaks -- the kind of stuff that is
right up Terry Lenzner's alley. Scratch the surface of these scandals
and the legacy of the "most ethical administration in the history of
America" will fall like a house of cards.

But don't count on this Congress to do the job. Oh, yeah, the House
might nail Clinton for something everyone already knows about -- his
sordid dalliance with a White House intern, his sexual harassment of a
volunteer, even the orchestration of a hush payment to Hillary
Clinton's former law partner Webster Hubbell, once the third
highest-ranking official in the Justice Department. However, that's as
far as the current script goes in revealing high crimes and
misdemeanors of the Clinton White House. The rest is off-limits. The
Republicans have made a tacit deal with the Democrats. Other skeletons
in other closets will remain hidden from the public view.

And Clinton will remain in office to finish out his second term. God
only knows what havoc he will wreak on our freedoms in the next two
years.

There's only one factor that could change that scenario -- an
unprecedented public uproar.

There are many poll-watchers, pulse-takers and human weather vanes in
Washington. So make noise. Show them which way the wind is blowing.
Let them know that not everyone in this great country is mesmerized by
the major networks and the government-media complex. Demonstrate that
you are watching and you care.

The crimes of the Clinton administration must not go unpunished -- or
America will be forever changed, forever cheapened, forever
threatened.

It's time to expose America's secret police, all their dirty tricks
and the official corruption they seek to hide.

"Obama, raises taxes and kills babies. Sarah Palin - raises babies
and kills taxes." Pyotr Flipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 29, 2:38*pm, RB wrote:
Cliff wrote:
[...]

One can always tell when you have a weak argument, or bush is caught
up to his neck in his misdeeds- you start puling and whining about the
democrats, and how they did... whatever.That's ****ing pathetic and
weak. Little children do that when caught, trying to evade
responsibility (is that a republican value now?) by calling out,
'Yeah, but what Billy did was WORSE!'

Its the republican version of covering your ears and yelling 'I can't
hear you, I can't hear you'.

Whatever clinton did, I'm sure as hell not one of his defenders in
most things (well, actually, budget surplus is about the only thing),
the clinton machine was one of the best at dirty tricks and
intimidation.

BTW, did you notice these were attorneys hired by bush?

If a crime was committed, do you even give a ****?

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 30, 2:55*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 05:35:09 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

The crimes of the Clinton administration must not go unpunished -- or
America will be forever changed, forever cheapened, forever
threatened.

It's time to expose America's secret police, all their dirty tricks
and the official corruption they seek to hide.

"Obama, raises taxes and kills babies. *Sarah Palin - raises babies
and kills taxes." Pyotr Flipivich

One can always tell when you have a weak argument, or bush is caught
up to his neck in his misdeeds- you start puling and whining about the
democrats, and how they did... whatever.That's ****ing pathetic and
weak. Little children do that when caught, trying to evade
responsibility (is that a republican value now?) by calling out,
'Yeah, but what Billy did was WORSE!'

Coming from someone who thinks that Bush sent Katrina into New Orleans
to kill the poor, your protests and protestations of Bubbas innocence
is hysterically funny

Gunner

"Obama, raises taxes and kills babies. *Sarah Palin - raises babies
and kills taxes." Pyotr Flipivich

What are the FACTS? What did I SAY? You can't answer either question,
I see.

You don't even read what's written, do you? Or is it that you can't be
bothered by pesky facts?
You should have been in bushies cabinet, either way, it'd be a great
fit.

Where do I defend anyone? Oops, did I let slip the fact that clinton
reduced the deficit? That's not a defense of his actions, its the only
good thing he did that I can come up with.

Where did I write anything about katrina?
Do you just figure that if I'm anti-bush because of his crimes and
misdeeds I'm a raving leftie?

Wait, that's right, you've already admitted you are not capable of
rational thought in that respect. People can only be pure of heart and
thought and think like you, or be against you and yours and america.

Do you make up what other people say in your head when they don't act
the way you want or expect, or do you actually think I said anything
of the sort?

It'll be interesting to see what you make up regarding this post.
One thing I'm certain of, you won't see a word of it, you'll just see
what you want, and make up more bull****.

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:44:01 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

http://newsbusters.org/node/1201

Google Search "liberals blame bush katrina"
Results 1 - 20 of about 181,000 for liberals blame bush katrina. (0.30
seconds)

Raving Lefties claim Bush is guilty of crimes and misdeeds.

If the shoe fits, Leftard...

Laugh laugh laugh

Denial is not a river in Egypt.

Gunner

"Obama, raises taxes and kills babies. Sarah Palin - raises babies
and kills taxes." Pyotr Flipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 30, 7:35*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

That's great for lefties and liberals, but I'm not one, not by a long
shot.

Seeing anyone that's not a right-wing nutball as a liberal is your
delusion, enjoy it.

Face the truth, you ****ing pussy, bush and his admin broke the law
and **** all over the constitution.

****ing wimp, can't handle it, can you?