Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rustoleum texture paint

This isn't advertising but just wanted to see if there any other users
of this paint that can confirm my experience with it.

That is, the Rustoleum texture spray paint you can get at any hardware
store.

I don't even use a primer with it, just rough up my aluminum surface a
bit with a palm sander and spray a good couple of coats.

Drys quick and goes on very easily.

In time, (and not too long either)....this stuff is VERY
durable......compares to a 2 part professional finishes I've used like
Polane.....I like it even better.

Anyone other fans of this paint?

You know what I'm talking about?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

No shootski. I had a length of small decorative chain soldered to a
fixture, which I had painted with Rustolium Mettalic Bronze. When the
solder joint broke, I wire wheeled the spot and re-soldered with a
micro torch heat source. The paint didn't even discolor next to the
spot; was completely unaffected by the heat. Amazing.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

"mkr5000" wrote in message
This isn't advertising but just wanted to see if there any other users
of this paint that can confirm my experience with it.

That is, the Rustoleum texture spray paint you can get at any hardware
store.

I don't even use a primer with it, just rough up my aluminum surface a
bit with a palm sander and spray a good couple of coats.

Drys quick and goes on very easily.

In time, (and not too long either)....this stuff is VERY
durable......compares to a 2 part professional finishes I've used like
Polane.....I like it even better.

Anyone other fans of this paint?

You know what I'm talking about?

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 28, 11:10*am, mkr5000 wrote:
This isn't advertising but just wanted to see if there any other users
of this paint that can confirm my experience with it.

For the money Rusteoleum products are the way to go when it comes to
metal finishing in my opinion, and time tested.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

mkr5000 wrote:
This isn't advertising but just wanted to see if there any other users
of this paint that can confirm my experience with it.

That is, the Rustoleum texture spray paint you can get at any hardware
store.

I don't even use a primer with it, just rough up my aluminum surface a
bit with a palm sander and spray a good couple of coats.

Drys quick and goes on very easily.

In time, (and not too long either)....this stuff is VERY
durable......compares to a 2 part professional finishes I've used like
Polane.....I like it even better.

Anyone other fans of this paint?

You know what I'm talking about?

Perfect match for the Chinese patio table and chair set that was
starting to show brown thru the original. Can't tell it FROM the
original. Bought a spare can on the premise that anything really good
will be soon discontinued sigh... /mark

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Have you guys noticed that in time (a few months).....It gets
substantially harder?

First week or so be careful, but down the road it's VERY tough.

?

I have a reason for wanting to confirm my experiences with it.