Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default CEO'S and GREED

Lets hear it one more time for CEO'S and their GREED..
hip hip hooray... hip hip hooray.
Millwright Ron
Union Millwright and Damn Proud Of It
www.unionmillwright.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:50:18 -0700 (PDT), Millwright Ron
wrote:

Lets hear it one more time for CEO'S and their GREED..
hip hip hooray... hip hip hooray.
Millwright Ron
Union Millwright and Damn Proud Of It
www.unionmillwright.com

http://www.google.com/search?q=union...ient=firefox-a

ROFLMAO

268,000 hits

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Lets hear it one more time for CEO'S and their GREED..
hip hip hooray... hip hip hooray.
Millwright Ron
Union Millwright and Damn Proud Of It
www.unionmillwright.com

http://www.google.com/search?q=union...=utf-8&oe=utf-...

ROFLMAO

268,000 hits

heh, heh, heh 285,000 hits

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...&btnG=Se arch

dennis
in nca
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Lets hear it one more time for CEO'S and their GREED..
hip hip hooray... hip hip hooray.
Millwright Ron
Union Millwright and Damn Proud Of It
www.unionmillwright.com

http://www.google.com/search?q=union...=utf-8&oe=utf-...

ROFLMAO

268,000 hits

heh, heh, heh 285,000 hits

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...&btnG=Se arch

dennis
in nca

heh, heh, heh, HEH!!! 317,000 hits. I WIN!!!

http://www.google.com/search?num=100...eader+indicted

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:15:14 -0400, the infamous "Tom Gardner"
scrolled the following:

"rigger" wrote in message
On Sep 24, 5:15 am, Gunner wrote:
On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:50:18 -0700 (PDT), Millwright Ron

http://www.google.com/search?q=union...=utf-8&oe=utf-...

ROFLMAO
268,000 hits

heh, heh, heh 285,000 hits
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...&btnG=Se arch

heh, heh, heh, HEH!!! 317,000 hits. I WIN!!!
http://www.google.com/search?num=100...eader+indicted

NOW does anyone dispute the total corruption of our unions, CONgress,
and _both_ our leading political parties?

--
To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen
to what the world tells you you ought to prefer,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"rigger" wrote in message
On Sep 24, 5:15 am, Gunner wrote:
On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:50:18 -0700 (PDT), Millwright Ron

http://www.google.com/search?q=union...=utf-8&oe=utf-...

ROFLMAO
268,000 hits

heh, heh, heh 285,000 hits
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...&btnG=Se arch

heh, heh, heh, HEH!!! 317,000 hits. I WIN!!!
http://www.google.com/search?num=100...eader+indicted

NOW does anyone dispute the total corruption of our unions, CONgress,
and _both_ our leading political parties?

2,140,000 hits:
http://www.google.com/search?num=100...&btnG=Se arch

And what kind of poll are you conducting here, Larry? I like this one:

Larry indicted:

http://www.google.com/search?num=100...larry+indicted

846,000 hits. g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

NOW does anyone dispute the total corruption of our unions, CONgress,
and _both_ our leading political parties?

The corruption of Unions and Union Leaders was well established in the
1950's.

The corruption of the Political Parties was well established in the 1850's.

The corruption of the Political System was initiated by the creation of
Political Parties.

The corruption of the Congress began when they voted themselves
compensation.

--
I used to be an anarchist but had to give it up: _far_ too many rules.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 13:47:34 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrolled the following:

.. .

"rigger" wrote in message
On Sep 24, 5:15 am, Gunner wrote:
On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:50:18 -0700 (PDT), Millwright Ron

http://www.google.com/search?q=union...=utf-8&oe=utf-...

ROFLMAO
268,000 hits
heh, heh, heh 285,000 hits
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...&btnG=Se arch

heh, heh, heh, HEH!!! 317,000 hits. I WIN!!!
http://www.google.com/search?num=100...eader+indicted

NOW does anyone dispute the total corruption of our unions, CONgress,
and _both_ our leading political parties?

2,140,000 hits:
http://www.google.com/search?num=100...&btnG=Se arch

And what kind of poll are you conducting here, Larry? I like this one:

Larry indicted:

http://www.google.com/search?num=100...larry+indicted

846,000 hits. g

Whew! I'm glad I didn't see my name in there.

P.S: I didn't do a poll, I just commmented on the trends. shrug

--
To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen
to what the world tells you you ought to prefer,
is to have kept your soul alive.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:54:52 GMT, the infamous Eregon
Eregon@Saphira.ørg scrolled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

NOW does anyone dispute the total corruption of our unions, CONgress,
and _both_ our leading political parties?

The corruption of Unions and Union Leaders was well established in the
1950's.

The corruption of the Political Parties was well established in the 1850's.

The corruption of the Political System was initiated by the creation of
Political Parties.

The corruption of the Congress began when they voted themselves
compensation.

Talk to Ed. He seems to disagree.

--
To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen
to what the world tells you you ought to prefer,
is to have kept your soul alive.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...=org.mozilla%3...

dennis
in nca

heh, heh, heh, HEH!!! *317,000 hits. *I WIN!!!

http://www.google.com/search?num=100...safe=off&clien...

"Corporate executives are able to negotiate lavish pay and retirement
packages for themselves," said Tom Kiley, a spokesman for Miller, who
is chairman of the House Education and Labor Committee. "Workers ought
to at least have the ability to bargain for better wages and
benefits."

Unity
Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Well Larry, it seems that only you and I are not corrupt! (or is it
incorrupt?)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Well Larry, it seems that only you and I are not corrupt! (or is it
incorrupt?)

Hey Tom, I'm in there with you and Larry. :-)
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Lets hear it one more time for CEO'S and their GREED..
hip hip hooray... hip hip hooray.
Millwright Ron
Union Millwright and Damn Proud Of It
www.unionmillwright.com

http://www.google.com/search?q=union...=utf-8&oe=utf-...

ROFLMAO

268,000 hits

heh, heh, heh *285,000 hits

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...=org.mozilla%3...

dennis
in nca

heh, heh, heh, HEH!!! *317,000 hits. *I WIN!!!

http://www.google.com/search?num=100...safe=off&clien...

2,070,000 hits can't be wrong: http://tinyurl.com/4qdffx Tells
the whole story.

dennis
in nca

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lew Hartswick" wrote in message
Tom Gardner wrote:

Well Larry, it seems that only you and I are not corrupt! (or is it
incorrupt?)

Hey Tom, I'm in there with you and Larry. :-)
...lew...

Welcome! The incorrupt! (now, does that mean we're incorruptible? ...or
just haven't gotten the right offer?)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Well Larry, it seems that only you and I are not corrupt! (or is it
incorrupt?)

Hey Tom, I'm in there with you and Larry. :-)
...lew...

Welcome! The incorrupt! (now, does that mean we're incorruptible? ...or
just haven't gotten the right offer?)

Hey, I'm corrupt! The wife says that I only need to drink a couple of pints of
bleach to make it all better though :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 24, 3:15*pm, "Tom Gardner" wrote:
"rigger" wrote in message

I see you felt the need to edit my response so I put the link back in. *I
bet you feel bad now!

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...=1&safe=off&cl...

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...=1&safe=off&cl...

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...=1&safe=off&cl...

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...=1&safe=off&cl...

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...=1&safe=off&cl...

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...=1&safe=off&cl...

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...=1&safe=off&cl...

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...=1&safe=off&cl...

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...=1&safe=off&cl...

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...=1&safe=off&cl...

Edit??? I'm pretty sure I didn't edit anything.

On the other hand I found your example above (a search for "democrat
leader indited")
returns 308,000 hits, but replacing democrat with republican returns
2,220,000 hits.

Why would I feel "bad now" in any case? I'm sure you're thinking of
someone else.

dennis
in nca
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 18:09:57 -0400, the infamous "Tom Gardner"
scrolled the following:

Tom Gardner wrote:

Well Larry, it seems that only you and I are not corrupt! (or is it
incorrupt?)

Hey Tom, I'm in there with you and Larry. :-)
...lew...

Welcome! The incorrupt! (now, does that mean we're incorruptible? ...or
just haven't gotten the right offer?)

Unfortunately, it's likely the latter. Which reminds me of the joke,
you slut, you...

--snip--
Family Life in the '90s

A son approached his father one evening at home and asked about the
difference between theory and reality. The father, wanting to help
his son understand the subtleties of the issue, decided to
demonstrate the difference by an example.

"Well, son," said the father, "here's what you do. Go into the
kitchen and ask your mother if she would sleep with any man for $1
million."

"OK," said the son, and left for the kitchen, where he posed the
question to his mother. "Oh no," said the mother, "I have always
been faithful to your father; I could never do such a thing, not
for any amount of money." Then she looked pensive for a moment and
added, "but then on the other hand, I could do a lot with that much
money. I could put you kids through college, fix up the house, help
the poor ... well, I guess on second thought, I'd have to say
'yes.'"

"Thanks," said the son, and returned to his father. He told his
father that his mother had agreed she would sleep with any man for
$1 million. "OK," said the father, then here's what you do next. Go
into her bedroom and ask your sister the same question. But she's a
lot fussier, and she's younger and better looking, so make it $2
million for her." "OK," replied the son, and left for his sister's
bedroom.

He found his sister in her bedroom and posed the question to her.
"My goodness, no," replied his sister. "I could never do such a
thing. I've been saving myself for the man of my dreams. It
wouldn't be right." But then she stopped for a moment as in
mid-thought. Finally she added, "on the other had, if I had $2
million I would never have to worry about money, I could give the
money to the church and help a lot of people ... I guess I'd have
to go ahead and say 'yes.'" "Thanks," said her brother and left the
bedroom.

He returned to his father and told him that his sister had agreed
that she would sleep with any man for $2 million. "OK, son," said
the father, "now here's the difference between theory and reality.
In theory, we're sitting on $3 million here. In reality we're broke
and living with a couple of sluts.

--snip--

Long Live the Three! in any case.

--
To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen
to what the world tells you you ought to prefer,
is to have kept your soul alive.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"rigger" wrote in message

[...]

Is there a way to get a billion hits? I think it might be possible.
I've one got 1 hit once, ever. There's a name for a single hit.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 13:09:26 -0700 (PDT), Millwright Ron
wrote:

"Corporate executives are able to negotiate lavish pay and retirement
packages for themselves," said Tom Kiley, a spokesman for Miller, who
is chairman of the House Education and Labor Committee. "Workers ought
to at least have the ability to bargain for better wages and
benefits."

Better than what? Better than yesterday or an hour ago, better than
is commeasurate with contribution, better than the executives, better
than abusive exploitative poverty-level sustenance?

"Ought to" suggests some sort of obligation. Life, as nature, is
competitive. Whine on, Ron!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don sez: "Better than what? Better than yesterday or an hour ago, better than
is commeasurate with contribution, better than the executives, better
than abusive exploitative poverty-level sustenance?

"Ought to" suggests some sort of obligation. Life, as nature, is
competitive. Whine on, Ron!"

Great shot Don! Whiner Ron needs a bit of instruction (no make that a lot) in the fine art of
expressing himself coherently. Not liable to happen though - whiners usu. remain just whiners.

Bob Swinney

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
news On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 13:09:26 -0700 (PDT), Millwright Ron
wrote:

"Corporate executives are able to negotiate lavish pay and retirement
packages for themselves," said Tom Kiley, a spokesman for Miller, who
is chairman of the House Education and Labor Committee. "Workers ought
to at least have the ability to bargain for better wages and
benefits."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"rigger" wrote in message

[...]

I've one got 1 hit once, ever. *There's a name for a single hit.- Hide quoted text -

I s there a way to get a billion hits? I think it might be

possible.
I've one got 1 hit once, ever. There's a name for a single

hit.-

A billion? Using trivial search terms perhaps, although were I
writing the software I'd install cut-off points to avoid people
playing silly games.

A single hit? That would be "the loneliest number" I believe.

dennis
in nca

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Well Larry, it seems that only you and I are not corrupt! (or is it
incorrupt?)

Hey Tom, I'm in there with you and Larry. :-)
...lew...

Welcome! The incorrupt! (now, does that mean we're incorruptible? ...or
just haven't gotten the right offer?)

Wait a minute!, you guys vote republican don't you? Then you are corrupt.
Very corrupt, and too unaware to even know it. You can see corruption in
others though. What does that make you?

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Well Larry, it seems that only you and I are not corrupt! (or is it
incorrupt?)

Hey Tom, I'm in there with you and Larry. :-)
...lew...

Welcome! The incorrupt! (now, does that mean we're incorruptible? ...or
just haven't gotten the right offer?)

Wait a minute!, you guys vote republican don't you? Then you are corrupt.
Very corrupt, and too unaware to even know it. You can see corruption in
others though. What does that make you?

Hawke

Stay out of our thread. YOU are corrupt!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Well Larry, it seems that only you and I are not corrupt! (or is it
incorrupt?)

Hey Tom, I'm in there with you and Larry. :-)
...lew...

Welcome! The incorrupt! (now, does that mean we're incorruptible? ...or
just haven't gotten the right offer?)

Hey, I'm corrupt! The wife says that I only need to drink a couple of
pints of
bleach to make it all better though :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

Is that a new label single-malt? I think it IS!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

[...]

I told bird-boy to go away!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 09:49:31 -0700, rigger wrote:
On Sep 24, 9:47Â*pm, "Tom Gardner" ...wrote:
"rigger" wrote ...
On Sep 24, 3:15 pm, "Tom Gardner" wrote:
"rigger" wrote ...

I see you felt the need to edit my response so I put the link back
in. I bet you feel bad now!

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...=1&safe=off&cl...

[...]
http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...=1&safe=off&cl...

Edit??? Â*I'm pretty sure I didn't edit anything.

On the other hand I found your example above (a search for "democrat
leader indited")
returns 308,000 hits, but replacing democrat with republican returns
2,220,000 hits.

[...]
Is there a way to get a billion hits? Â*I think it might be possible.
I've one got 1 hit once, ever. Â*There's a name for a single hit.- Hide
quoted text -

Is there a way to get a billion hits? I think it might be

possible.
I've one got 1 hit once, ever. There's a name for a single

hit.-

A billion? Using trivial search terms perhaps, although were I writing
the software I'd install cut-off points to avoid people playing silly
games.

A single hit? That would be "the loneliest number" I believe.

Different names apply depending on circumstances. Eg, per
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googlewhack , "A Googlewhack is a
Google search query consisting of two words that returns a single
result" and "a Googlewhackblatt ... is similar to a Googlewhack
except that it involves finding a single word that produces only
one Google result." Also defines Antegooglewhackblatts and
Feedbackgooglewhackblatts.

The traditional term (predating computer networks) is
"hapax legomenon", as mentioned in refs for above URL.
I've only heard it used once, in a talk by William Buckley,
but of course it occurs frequently in scholarly works.

--
jiw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Well Larry, it seems that only you and I are not corrupt! (or is it
incorrupt?)

Hey Tom, I'm in there with you and Larry. :-)
...lew...

Welcome! The incorrupt! (now, does that mean we're incorruptible? ...or
just haven't gotten the right offer?)

Wait a minute!, you guys vote republican don't you? Then you are corrupt.
Very corrupt, and too unaware to even know it. You can see corruption in
others though. What does that make you?

Hawke

Stay out of our thread. YOU are corrupt!

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...eader+indicted

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...eader+indicted

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...eader+indicted

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...eader+indicted

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...eader+indicted

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...eader+indicted

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...eader+indicted

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...eader+indicted

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...eader+indicted

http://www.google.com:80/search?num=...eader+indicted

I didn't know you stuttered, Tom. ;-)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:54:52 GMT, the infamous Eregon
Eregon@Saphira.ørg scrolled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote in
m:

NOW does anyone dispute the total corruption of our unions,
CONgress, and _both_ our leading political parties?

The corruption of Unions and Union Leaders was well established in the
1950's.

The corruption of the Political Parties was well established in the
1850's.

The corruption of the Political System was initiated by the creation
of Political Parties.

The corruption of the Congress began when they voted themselves
compensation.

Talk to Ed. He seems to disagree.

He would: he belongs to a Political Party. grin

--

I used to be an anarchist but had to give it up: _far_ too many rules.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Eregon" Eregon@Saphira.ørg wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:54:52 GMT, the infamous Eregon
Eregon@Saphira.ørg scrolled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

NOW does anyone dispute the total corruption of our unions,
CONgress, and _both_ our leading political parties?

The corruption of Unions and Union Leaders was well established in the
1950's.

The corruption of the Political Parties was well established in the
1850's.

The corruption of the Political System was initiated by the creation
of Political Parties.

The corruption of the Congress began when they voted themselves
compensation.

Talk to Ed. He seems to disagree.

He would: he belongs to a Political Party. grin

That's only so I get invited to their Party parties. The Republicans serve
cocktails. The Democrats serve cheap beer. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:14:04 -0400, the infamous "Tom Gardner"
scrolled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

-snip-

I told bird-boy to go away!

If you, Ed, Gunner, and a few others would simply stop replying daily
to these trolls, many of them would simply fade away. But
nooooooooooooo... big sigh

-- George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Well Larry, it seems that only you and I are not corrupt! (or is it
incorrupt?)

Hey Tom, I'm in there with you and Larry. :-)
...lew...

Welcome! The incorrupt! (now, does that mean we're incorruptible?

....or
just haven't gotten the right offer?)

Wait a minute!, you guys vote republican don't you? Then you are

corrupt.
Very corrupt, and too unaware to even know it. You can see corruption in
others though. What does that make you?

Hawke

Stay out of our thread. YOU are corrupt!

No, I'm NOT corrupt! Just like you say you aren't except that I'm telling
the truth and you're not.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:14:04 -0400, the infamous "Tom Gardner"
scrolled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

-snip-

I told bird-boy to go away!

If you, Ed, Gunner, and a few others would simply stop replying daily
to these trolls, many of them would simply fade away. But
nooooooooooooo... big sigh

That's what a lot of us were hoping would happen with you. Take your far
right wing views with you and just fade away.
But noooo, you just can't stop yourself from spreading your far fetched and
nonsensical notions over and over. What is it that makes right wingers feel
compelled to convince everyone you know what you are talking about? Is it
the church teachings?

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

[...]

Uh, Hawke, Larry is not a right-winger. He's sort of a no-winger, sweet
libertarian. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

snip----

"Ought to" suggests some sort of obligation. Life, as nature, is
competitive. Whine on, Ron!

Now, Don, how many times must we tell you to not play with the animals? :-)

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Well Larry, it seems that only you and I are not corrupt! (or is it
incorrupt?)

Hey Tom, I'm in there with you and Larry. :-)
...lew...

Welcome! The incorrupt! (now, does that mean we're incorruptible? ...or
just haven't gotten the right offer?)

Wait a minute!, you guys vote republican don't you? Then you are corrupt.
Very corrupt, and too unaware to even know it. You can see corruption in
others though. What does that make you?

Hawke

Stay out of our thread. YOU are corrupt!

The parakeet is a stupid little useless eater of the peanuts out of
the shorts of the DNC.

And he begs for more

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 00:01:44 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrolled the following:

"Hawke" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks for quoting the parakeet there, Ed. I wouldn't have seen his
post as he's neatly tucked into my twit filter with his friends,
Cliffy, et al.

So, he thinks my pro-choice, OK with gay/lesbian, anti-liberal,
anti-religion attitude is far right wing, does he? You can see how
truly out of touch with reality he is.

Thanks again for the quick grin.

P.S: Still no _Ricochet_.
(That said, Murphy thinks it'll likely show up in today's mail.)

-- George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in
:

[...]

All that I've ever been offered by any of the Political Parties is more
manure than my lawn can survive and sufficient hot air to actually both
cause and perpetuate Global Warming even if the Sun winked out.

--
I used to be an anarchist but had to give it up: _far_ too many rules.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Eregon" Eregon@Saphira.ørg wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote in
:

"Eregon" Eregon@Saphira.ørg wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:54:52 GMT, the infamous Eregon
Eregon@Saphira.ørg scrolled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote in
om:

[...]

You missed one hell of a party back in 1990 at the Hyatt Regency here. The
Republicans really know how to mix a drink.

--
Ed Huntress