Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default CEO'S and GREED

-

I told bird-boy to go away!

If you, Ed, Gunner, and a few others would simply stop replying daily
to these trolls, many of them would simply fade away. But
nooooooooooooo... big sigh

That's what a lot of us were hoping would happen with you. Take your far
right wing views with you and just fade away.
But noooo, you just can't stop yourself from spreading your far fetched
and
nonsensical notions over and over. What is it that makes right wingers
feel
compelled to convince everyone you know what you are talking about? Is

it
the church teachings?

Hawke

Uh, Hawke, Larry is not a right-winger. He's sort of a no-winger, sweet
libertarian. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Ed, didn't you know that Libertarians are right wingers on steroids?

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Well Larry, it seems that only you and I are not corrupt! (or is it
incorrupt?)

Hey Tom, I'm in there with you and Larry. :-)
...lew...

Welcome! The incorrupt! (now, does that mean we're incorruptible?

....or
just haven't gotten the right offer?)

Wait a minute!, you guys vote republican don't you? Then you are

corrupt.
Very corrupt, and too unaware to even know it. You can see corruption

in
others though. What does that make you?

Hawke

Stay out of our thread. YOU are corrupt!

The parakeet is a stupid little useless eater of the peanuts out of
the shorts of the DNC.

And he begs for more

Is that the best you can come up with you silly little twit? I know you're
an uneducated boor but after all this time all you can come up with is some
stupid playground scatalogical references? Jesus! Bill Marr said it best
about guys like you, you're a poopy head.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

-

[...]

No way. Some are lefty (like Curly) and others are righty (I'd say strabo,
but he's really an anarchist g).

Larry isn't sure what he is. He thinks they're all thieves and liars.

Personally, I think that William F. Buckley nailed the definition of
libertarians. He called them "ingeniously simple-minded."

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I told bird-boy to go away!

If you, Ed, Gunner, and a few others would simply stop replying daily
to these trolls, many of them would simply fade away. But
nooooooooooooo... big sigh

That's what a lot of us were hoping would happen with you. Take your

far
right wing views with you and just fade away.
But noooo, you just can't stop yourself from spreading your far fetched
and
nonsensical notions over and over. What is it that makes right wingers
feel
compelled to convince everyone you know what you are talking about? Is

it
the church teachings?

Hawke

Uh, Hawke, Larry is not a right-winger. He's sort of a no-winger, sweet
libertarian. d8-)

Thanks for quoting the parakeet there, Ed. I wouldn't have seen his
post as he's neatly tucked into my twit filter with his friends,
Cliffy, et al.

So, he thinks my pro-choice, OK with gay/lesbian, anti-liberal,
anti-religion attitude is far right wing, does he? You can see how
truly out of touch with reality he is.

Thanks again for the quick grin.

P.S: Still no _Ricochet_.
(That said, Murphy thinks it'll likely show up in today's mail.)

It's funny isn't it that guys on the political fringe like Larry are always
trying to portray themselves as something they are not. Usually they like to
pretend they are moderates. So Larry is not with the right wing on two or
three issues. Big deal. On a list of thirty issues he's with them twenty
seven times. At his age Larry needs to face that fact that his positions are
out on the far edge of modern political views. I've heard enough of them to
know where he stands and he's so close to Gunner most of the time he falls
into the political kook class despite pretending to be rational.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

I think simpleton is more like it. And I've never seen or heard of a left
leaning Libertarian. Political spectrum-wise they are on the far, far right
end of the scale. Most of the ones I know of just plain don't make sense.
They have a world view that is of their own creation and it doesn't usually
comport with the reality most people live in. It's not an accident there are
so few of them and that they only associate with their own kind. Everyone
else just thinks they are nuts. I'm not sure I'd argue that point with them
either.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

[...]

Gunner is a very bad influence on Larry. He starts using bad words and
spitting on the sidewalk when he's around Gunner.

However, he's hardly right wing. Neither is Gunner, for that matter. He's
just a posturer who is working on refining his techniques for expressing
hatred. He's becoming a certified k00k, and he plays with them all the time.

Larry lives without TV. Righties are never that ascetic.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Eregon" Eregon@Saphira.ørg wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote in news:48ddbecc$0$5643
:

Do you see where Larry and the others fit? It's not easy to keep it all
straight, I know. g

And then there are a few of us who simply observe the antics of those
whose
bigotry is primarily focused upon Ideology and are, apparently, ignorant
of
both Reality and History.

How would you describe us, Ed?

I don't know. I haven't seen enough of your writing lately to recall.

How would you like to be described?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

The confusing thing is that they started herding with paleoconservatives and
began to cross-breed with them (anthropologists think it occurred first in
motorcycle gangs, or possibly in machine shops), and the hybrids have a
tendency to confuse hyper-individualism with Constitutional originalism.
This is a source of serious cognitive dissonance and it leads to
fire-breathing and bellicose threats, often peppered with gleeful folk tales
about liberals being dismembered, drowned in bodily fluids, and so on. You
can't live with that much dissonance and not have sociopathological
problems. You see it here all the time. This is typical of apostates and
heretics of all religions, who often wind up despising the tribe they came
from. That's why it's important to remember that libertarians branched off
from mainstream liberals.

Those are the ones you think of as right-wing. Actually, their etiology is
quite different from the true right-wing conservatives, but like Viceroy
butterflies that masquerade as Monarchs to keep the birds away, they often
disguise themselves as paleos -- look for keys chained to their belts and
scuffed boots -- and it can be hard to distinguish one from the other. The
conservative genes dominate but there are residues of recessive traits that
express themselves in conflicting ways, such as despising abortion but
tolerating it, and resenting religions other than protestant Christianity
but occassionally adopting Buddhist or atheist persuasions. Their main
distinguishing characteristic is that they're uniformly militarists, ready
to kill gooks, ragheads, and other tribes for any excuse that comes to mind.

They also attract some wandering nomads, who adopt the name of the tribe but
who rarely are accepted as full-fledged members. These may be moralists who
are never quite comfortable with the amoralism of pure libertarianism,
attracted to the tribe because it offers a reason to reject establishment
political parties, careers, and so on.

--
Ed Huntress

I do believe Bill Buckley is alive and well hiding here as Ed Huntress

:-)
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lew Hartswick" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:

snip

I do believe Bill Buckley is alive and well hiding here as Ed Huntress

:-)
...lew...

Ha-ha! Well, thanks, Lew, I take that as a high compliment. But there's no
way I can approach Buckley's writing. This kind of thing is just fun and
fairly easy if you've been writing for 35 years.

Maybe sometime we can discuss Buckley's tart, neat, and compact phrase
describing libertarians. Maybe when Larry goes on vacation. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 23:59:31 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Hawke" wrote in message

[...]

Bwahahahahaha! This and your next one are works of art, Ed. Kudos.

Butterflies in scuffed boots, eh?

-- George Bernard Shaw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 07:14:37 -0600, the infamous Lew Hartswick
scrawled the following:

Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

snort Bill Buckley wouldn't be caught DEAD voting for Obama.

-- George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

He better not die in Chicago, or he will.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in
:

"Eregon" Eregon@Saphira.ørg wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote in news:48ddbecc$0$5643
:

Do you see where Larry and the others fit? It's not easy to keep it
all straight, I know. g

And then there are a few of us who simply observe the antics of those
whose
bigotry is primarily focused upon Ideology and are, apparently,
ignorant of
both Reality and History.

How would you describe us, Ed?

I don't know. I haven't seen enough of your writing lately to recall.

How would you like to be described?

As a Genius! grin

But I sincerely doubt that I'll ever be so described. GRIN

Hey - you _asked_!

--
I used to be an anarchist but had to give it up: _far_ too many rules.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Eregon" Eregon@Saphira.ørg wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote in
:

"Eregon" Eregon@Saphira.ørg wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote in news:48ddbecc$0$5643
:

Do you see where Larry and the others fit? It's not easy to keep it
all straight, I know. g

And then there are a few of us who simply observe the antics of those
whose
bigotry is primarily focused upon Ideology and are, apparently,
ignorant of
both Reality and History.

How would you describe us, Ed?

I don't know. I haven't seen enough of your writing lately to recall.

How would you like to be described?

As a Genius! grin

But I sincerely doubt that I'll ever be so described. GRIN

Hey - you _asked_!

Ha! OK, then, I'd describe you as...a genius. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Lew Hartswick wrote:

I do believe Bill Buckley is alive and well hiding here as Ed Huntress

Not fair impersonating Lew.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in news:48de9836$0$5634
:

[...]

Thank You!

As was said when I was young, "It takes one to know one!" Grin

--

I used to be an anarchist but had to give it up: _far_ too many rules.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Hawke" wrote in message

[...]

I think you're ascribing the wrong things to his not having a TV. I think
his old one broke and he's just too damn cheap to buy a new one. He's a
miser is all. ****, he's even getting books from you instead of buying his
own copy. He's a cheapskate. That coincides with far right political
positions. I've yet to know a left wing miser. There must be some but I
haven't come across any. It's always associated with the right wing in my
experience. You may have a different experience.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I think simpleton is more like it. And I've never seen or heard of a

left
leaning Libertarian.

Well, then, you need more conversation with Curly. Lefty libertarians are

small tribe from deep in the jungle, that rarely encounters civilized men.
Their origins are confused but it's suspected they are the lost tribe of

the
Great Society.

I have conversed with Curly in the past and I can't say I recognized him as
a left wing libertarian, as such a thing always seemed to me to be an
oxymoron. I'll need more study to do a proper classification.

Political spectrum-wise they are on the far, far right
end of the scale.

No, no, no. The right end of the scale is highly moralistic and
authoritarian. Those are paleoconservatives and traditional intellectual
conservatives, which are different but which have similar emotional, if

not
intellectual, origins. They know exactly how other people should live and
they're not shy about telling them. They think of themselves as small-r
republicans but they're really oligarchists, and they consider themselves
part of the meritocratic oligarchy that deserves to rule everyone else --
even when they live in trailer parks. To them, "republic" means a

government
that keeps out undesirables, which is nearly everyone who doesn't look or
think like them.

Nah. Your just talking about garden variety classical and radical
conservatives. The two groups have always been different in their
orientation. Simply, one group is your ordinary country club republican and
the other group is what has now turned into the evengelical wing of the
party. You also have a number of degrees and iterations of each spread out
through both wings.

Libertarians, in contrast, are liberals who got off the bus when

liberalism
turned toward collective social solutions to society's ills, which began
with the Progressives in the last decade of the 19th century and which
reached its baroque stage during the 1960s. Think of libertarians as "old
church" liberals.

I never came across a Libertarian that I would have ever called liberal.
They always seemed too extreme, too anti government, to be classified as any
kind of liberal. The really anti government types are always way to the
right.

[...]

All this reminds me of the psychobabble I got from the psychology dept.
eggheads. It shows up as a tendency to overclassify a phenomenon into
increasingly smaller pidgeon holes when it's really something as simple as
trying to make what most people would call a jerk into something complex and
therefore exciting to a certain group of perverse people with an academic
bent.

[...]

Nationalistic jingoists with limited IQs and not much education is what it
sounds like to me. I did like the butterfly reference though, but I think
the bird that feigns being injured to lure predators away from it's eggs is
better.

They also attract some wandering nomads, who adopt the name of the tribe

but
who rarely are accepted as full-fledged members. These may be moralists

who
are never quite comfortable with the amoralism of pure libertarianism,
attracted to the tribe because it offers a reason to reject establishment
political parties, careers, and so on.

Adopting those who sound like they do is common among these types. It's like
taking in strangers with a familiar Shibboleth.

Do you see where Larry and the others fit? It's not easy to keep it all
straight, I know. g

What is it they say? You can't tell the players without a program.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

[...]

Well, so am I. I appreciate that quality in a person. g

That coincides with far right political
positions. I've yet to know a left wing miser. There must be some but I
haven't come across any. It's always associated with the right wing in my
experience. You may have a different experience.

I don't think it has anything to do with left or right. Some of us --
definitely including myself -- like to live modestly because we recognized
at some point in our lives that how much we spend, and how many things we
own, seem to have little connection to happiness. Right now, for example,
I'm feeling less exposed and less at risk than some people do in this
financial crisis. As they say, freedom = nothing to lose. And the important
corollary that is seldom expressed: vice versa. d8-)

You have to distinguish the ascetic from the miserly. I think Larry is more
of the ascetic type. He reads too many good books to be a simple miser.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawke wrote:
I've yet to know a left wing miser.
Hawke

With their own money ? It seems they are very generous
with OTHER folks money.
...lew...
Sorry Larry for replying to the troll. :-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawke wrote:

I have conversed with Curly in the past and I can't say I
recognized him as a left wing libertarian, as such a thing always
seemed to me to be an oxymoron. I'll need more study to do a proper
classification.

It's not that complicated.

Two separate axes, think Cartesian coordinates.

Liberal vs Conservative

Libertarian vs Authoritarian

Dems & Reps Parties are Authoritarian because they know how to run our
lives better than we do and don't think we can or should decide about
this ourselves.

Most of the Libertarian candidates tend to be Conservative
Libertarian, mainly because we Libertarian Lefties tend to think
anarchy is just a little too well organized. Anarcho-syndicalism is
about as close as we like to get to government, but, like communism,
it doesn't work well in large groups.

Google any terms you are unfamiliar with. Beyond that, you're on your
own, I did the best I could to use simple words and sentences, but
your demonstrated reading comprehension and text analysis suggests you
will have problems.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 10:10:37 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Hawke" wrote in message

I think you're ascribing the wrong things to his not having a TV. I think
his old one broke and he's just too damn cheap to buy a new one. He's a
miser is all. ****, he's even getting books from you instead of buying his
own copy. He's a cheapskate.

Well, so am I. I appreciate that quality in a person. g

Tell the little keet that I'm watching movies on that perfectly good 6
year old Panasonic TV twice a week. I forgot to tune in for the
debates last Friday, though. I can DL 'em from CNN.

You have to distinguish the ascetic from the miserly. I think Larry is more
of the ascetic type. He reads too many good books to be a simple miser.

You nailed it, Ed. g _The Way We'll Be_ is starting out
interesting. I opened it today and am about to go curl up in bed with
it. Nah. I think I'll go finish Orson Scott Card's _Xenocide_ first.

Nighty night!

-- George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawke wrote:
I've yet to know a left wing miser.
Hawke

With their own money ? It seems they are very generous
with OTHER folks money.
...lew...
Sorry Larry for replying to the troll. :-)

You should be sorry but for being so dumb. If you had any brains or
knowledge you would know that the republicans have spent the country into
trillions of debt in the last few years. What they did was to be very, very,
very, generous with OTHER people's money. More was spent by them than has
ever done before. So get the facts straight instead of just spreading old
wives tales. The idea that Democrats spend other people's money more than
republicans is false, as the facts show. I expect that since that is true,
from now on you will be posting how republicans are far more generous with
other's money than Democrats. Just Kidding! I know that you don't pay
attention to the truth and will still go around saying Democrats spend more
of other people's money than republicans do even though you know that's not
true. Gee, doesn't that make you a liar to say that?

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry lives without TV. Righties are never that ascetic.

--
Ed Huntress

I think you're ascribing the wrong things to his not having a TV. I

think
his old one broke and he's just too damn cheap to buy a new one. He's a
miser is all. ****, he's even getting books from you instead of buying

his
own copy. He's a cheapskate.

Well, so am I. I appreciate that quality in a person. g

Not when one of them is buying you a meal, I hope.

That coincides with far right political
positions. I've yet to know a left wing miser. There must be some but I
haven't come across any. It's always associated with the right wing in

my
experience. You may have a different experience.

I don't think it has anything to do with left or right. Some of us --
definitely including myself -- like to live modestly because we recognized
at some point in our lives that how much we spend, and how many things we
own, seem to have little connection to happiness. Right now, for example,
I'm feeling less exposed and less at risk than some people do in this
financial crisis. As they say, freedom = nothing to lose. And the

important
corollary that is seldom expressed: vice versa. d8-)

You may not know this but there have been surveys done on happiness and
wealth. They found that unlike what common wisdom says about the poor being
happier, in truth, people with a fairly high degree of wealth were happiest.
And while happiness is not directly related to ownership of material things,
unhappiness is often correlated to lack of material things. Personally, I
never felt that not having what I wanted was a route to sublime happiness.

You have to distinguish the ascetic from the miserly. I think Larry is

more
of the ascetic type. He reads too many good books to be a simple miser.

If you have proof that he's the type to deny himself material pleasures for
a higher calling you may be right. On the other hand, simply being a
cheapskate doesn't mean one's ascetic. I know, my father is as cheap as they
come and ascetic he ain't. From Larry's comments he doesn't strike me as an
ascetic. More like a caustic right wing leaning Libertarian. In fact, I can
hardly distinguish him from any of the other wingers in the group. I'll bet
that he dittos Gunner a lot more often than he does you. And if he's cheap
when it comes to other people but generous when it comes to himself then
he's nothing but a garden variety republican. I mean, he is voting for
McCain isn't he? That certainly indicates a preference for republicans.

Hawke