Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Welding on Car axle

On Aug 26, 10:50 pm, SCOTT wrote:
One of the control arm brackets has rusted and broken off the rear axle
housing of my car. I can make up a new bracket, but then need to weld
it to the axle housing.. The axle runs inside of this in oil-from the
differential. Can I weld to it without starting a fire? Any advice

thanks,
Scott

Drain the oil.

Pull the diff cover. pull the axle, wipe out the tube with rags, weld,
reassemble, relube.

Carl

Axle End Cap Greg Esres Home Repair 25 February 11th 17 09:44 PM
Identifying axle stryped Metalworking 7 April 28th 08 09:24 PM
Flimsy axle stand? asalcedo UK diy 5 May 29th 06 03:41 PM
Axle Material knowone Metalworking 22 April 3rd 06 03:26 AM
cutting an axle John Hofstad-Parkhill Metalworking 14 March 1st 06 02:49 AM