Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pre-anodized aluminum sheet?

I know I've seen this before but can't find anything now.

Does anyone know of an online source for small quantities of pre
anodized aluminum sheet?

I believe it was .040 material or so and smaller pieces like 12 by 24
etc.

Seems to me they also had painted aluminum sheet.

THANKS for any leads.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"mkr5000" wrote in message
I know I've seen this before but can't find anything now.

Does anyone know of an online source for small quantities of pre
anodized aluminum sheet?

I believe it was .040 material or so and smaller pieces like 12 by 24
etc.

Seems to me they also had painted aluminum sheet.

THANKS for any leads.

This quite likely doesn't fit your useage, but anodizing aluminum can reduce
the fatigue life of aluminum by as much as 50%. We have had a helicopter
crash caused by anodizing an aluminum control rod and the ship had just a
couple of hundred hours since new. Anodizing does increase the corrosion
life significantly but I would never anodize an aluminum member that had a
job to do such as control or support that had any exposure to vibration.

Stu

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"mkr5000" wrote in message
I know I've seen this before but can't find anything now.

Does anyone know of an online source for small quantities of pre
anodized aluminum sheet?

I believe it was .040 material or so and smaller pieces like 12 by 24
etc.

Seems to me they also had painted aluminum sheet.

THANKS for any leads.

McMaster-Carr sells some. Page 3540
Paul