Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default McCain

If I lived in CA still - I'd be sending letters to the AG asking for
my money back from OBAMA - "University of California $523,120 "

How can a state university give away tax money on a political stance.

This shows how liberal they are - with your money and politics and
morals as well - students and professors and hiring some who they did.
e.g. Ange Davis...

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

D Murphy wrote:
§ñühwØ£f wrote in
news
On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 20:17:39 -0400, marika aided th' terraists with
the following claims :

"DaveB" wrote in message

If being stupid is required to be president, you should run.

According to conventional wisdom, it requires the ability to make
allegedly inspiring but in reality platitudinous speeches

Its a numbers game. and the numbers in this instance would be money.
exxon elected Bush. who's the biggest donor to MsSame?
the big oil companies

Nope.

Merrill Lynch $284,610
Citigroup Inc $252,801
Morgan Stanley $211,821
Goldman Sachs $198,045
Blank Rome LLP $171,026
AT&T Inc $169,613
JPMorgan Chase & Co $165,275
Greenberg Traurig LLP $152,687
Credit Suisse Group $133,125
UBS AG $127,315
Bank of America $116,125
US Government $114,176
Lehman Brothers $112,700
PricewaterhouseCoopers $111,070
Wachovia Corp $111,046
FedEx Corp $97,753
Pinnacle West Capital $94,900
Bear Stearns $90,100
Blackstone Group $89,500
Bank of New York Mellon $89,500

Same data for Obama:

Goldman Sachs $627,730
University of California $523,120
JPMorgan Chase & Co $398,021
Citigroup Inc $393,899
UBS AG $378,400
Google Inc $373,212
Harvard University $369,802
Lehman Brothers $353,922
National Amusements Inc $352,603
Moveon.org $347,463
Sidley Austin LLP $326,845
Skadden, Arps et al $304,050
Time Warner $298,972
Morgan Stanley $291,388
Microsoft Corp $276,925
Jones Day $266,705
Latham & Watkins $252,845
University of Chicago $250,685
Wilmerhale Llp $249,282
Exelon Corp $239,061

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
If I lived in CA still - I'd be sending letters to the AG asking for
my money back from OBAMA - "University of California $523,120 "

How can a state university give away tax money on a political stance.

This shows how liberal they are - with your money and politics and
morals as well - students and professors and hiring some who they did.
e.g. Ange Davis...

What it shows is that they'd like to continue managing the significant
portion of or natinal research labs that they do.
Places like Lawrence-Livermore and Sandia Labs are examples.

UC is a big business.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Yes I know.
I consulted in Sandia several times. Had friends in and was in the
other site in Livermore (Mothers family settled that valley)
UC mis-manage money all of the time. They get caught and pay up.

Presidents don't set contracts. The GAO and Congress does.

Anglia Davis smuggled in guns into the federal jail - busted out her lover
and they killed jailers and police. They were in one of the anti-culture
groups in those days. - SDS or the like - I think he was killed in a gun fight.
She is now a university director (or was the last time I heard).

The university said it was 'a long time ago.'

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

John R. Carroll wrote:
Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
If I lived in CA still - I'd be sending letters to the AG asking for
my money back from OBAMA - "University of California $523,120 "

How can a state university give away tax money on a political stance.

This shows how liberal they are - with your money and politics and
morals as well - students and professors and hiring some who they did.
e.g. Ange Davis...

What it shows is that they'd like to continue managing the significant
portion of or natinal research labs that they do.
Places like Lawrence-Livermore and Sandia Labs are examples.

UC is a big business.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
If I lived in CA still - I'd be sending letters to the AG asking for
my money back from OBAMA - "University of California $523,120 "

How can a state university give away tax money on a political stance.

Donors are required to list their employer on the form. The university
didn't donate, the employees did.