Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I am on Amtrak Zephyr going to California

It actually looks nice and comfortable so far. The trip should take 2
days. I am traveling with my 7 year old.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus32753 wrote:
It actually looks nice and comfortable so far. The trip should take 2
days. I am traveling with my 7 year old.

You are going to LOVE the trip.
The two of you will remember it for the rest of your lives.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus32753 wrote:
It actually looks nice and comfortable so far. The trip should take 2
days. I am traveling with my 7 year old.

You'll be going within 200 yards of my
house as you pass through Davis, Ca.

Give me a call if you stop in Davis long
enough to say hi.

530 204 8473

-jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-08, Jim Stewart wrote:
Ignoramus32753 wrote:
It actually looks nice and comfortable so far. The trip should take 2
days. I am traveling with my 7 year old.

You'll be going within 200 yards of my
house as you pass through Davis, Ca.

Give me a call if you stop in Davis long
enough to say hi.

530 204 8473

Thanks, I will try !!!
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus32753 wrote:
It actually looks nice and comfortable so far. The trip should take 2
days. I am traveling with my 7 year old.

Enjoy the trip. You will be seeing some very beautiful country along
there. Too bad you're going to be so far north.

Jim

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Stewart wrote:

Ignoramus32753 wrote:

It actually looks nice and comfortable so far. The trip should take 2
days. I am traveling with my 7 year old.

You'll be going within 200 yards of my
house as you pass through Davis, Ca.

Give me a call if you stop in Davis long
enough to say hi.

530 204 8473

-jim

According to the AMTRAK site it stops in Emeryville and doesn't go by Davis.

Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Chandler wrote:

Jim Stewart wrote:

Ignoramus32753 wrote:

It actually looks nice and comfortable so far. The trip should take 2
days. I am traveling with my 7 year old.

You'll be going within 200 yards of my
house as you pass through Davis, Ca.

Give me a call if you stop in Davis long
enough to say hi.

530 204 8473

-jim

According to the AMTRAK site it stops in Emeryville and doesn't go by
Davis.

Jim

Oops, looks like I looked at the wrong site. That site said the train
went from Chicago to Emeryville. Other sites said that it goes to San
Fransicko so, Never Mind!

Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-08, Jim Chandler wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:

Ignoramus32753 wrote:

It actually looks nice and comfortable so far. The trip should take 2
days. I am traveling with my 7 year old.

You'll be going within 200 yards of my
house as you pass through Davis, Ca.

Give me a call if you stop in Davis long
enough to say hi.

530 204 8473

-jim

According to the AMTRAK site it stops in Emeryville and doesn't go by Davis.

it does 4:42 pm

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-08, Jim Chandler wrote:
Ignoramus32753 wrote:
It actually looks nice and comfortable so far. The trip should take 2
days. I am traveling with my 7 year old.

Enjoy the trip. You will be seeing some very beautiful country along
there. Too bad you're going to be so far north.

thanks... we are taking lots of pictures...

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-08, Jim Chandler wrote:

Jim Stewart wrote:

Ignoramus32753 wrote:

It actually looks nice and comfortable so far. The trip should take 2
days. I am traveling with my 7 year old.

You'll be going within 200 yards of my
house as you pass through Davis, Ca.

Give me a call if you stop in Davis long
enough to say hi.

530 204 8473

-jim

According to the AMTRAK site it stops in Emeryville and doesn't go by Davis.

it does 4:42 pm

I knew that! That will teach me to read more carefully. I forgot that
Emeryville was near OAKLAND and not SACRAMENTO (and I used to live in
Vacaville). Whatever! Enjoy the trip. My question is, how are you
managing to stay connected?

Jim

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus32753 wrote:

It actually looks nice and comfortable so far. The trip should take 2
days. I am traveling with my 7 year old.

Cool. I bet you have a lap top with wifi? Enjoy the time with your son.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus32753 wrote:

thanks... we are taking lots of pictures...

I do expect a photo journal of the trip to enjoy vicariously.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-08, Jim Chandler wrote:
According to the AMTRAK site it stops in Emeryville and doesn't go by Davis.

it does 4:42 pm

I knew that! That will teach me to read more carefully. I forgot that
Emeryville was near OAKLAND and not SACRAMENTO (and I used to live in
Vacaville). Whatever! Enjoy the trip. My question is, how are you
managing to stay connected?

I have a Linux laptop and use "Sprint wireless broadband" card called
"sierra". This thing is awesome, works fast near Chicago, sometimes it
is slow, and sometimes it does not work at all due to no coverage (in
rural areas), but it is great to have. I have no idea how long into
the trip it will work, but so far, I would say it worked 70% of time
outside of Chicago area. Slow is fine with me, since I can easily work
over a slow ssh connection. In the Chicago area, it works very
well. In some other areas it is slow due to using some more inferior
type of connection.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-08, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus32753 wrote:

It actually looks nice and comfortable so far. The trip should take 2
days. I am traveling with my 7 year old.

It is a laptop with a wireless modem (GPRS, I think).

Wes

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Maybe you will be using some of the older Southern Pacific (SP) lines
as you go. Sprint was SPradioInternal IIRC. something like that -
was a microwave line across the whole train system - then someone thought
why not sell time.... Sprint started and haven't looked back.

In the old days there was the long multiple delay along the train tracks....

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus32753" wrote in message
It actually looks nice and comfortable so far. The trip should take 2
days. I am traveling with my 7 year old.
--

You never cease to amaze me. What a dad!

Steve