Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dyna Myte 2800 CNC mill - value?

I am looking at one of these mills locally.
Dyna Myte 2800. Looks to be in excellent used condition.
No tooling, but tooling available as a separate negotiation.
I am somewhat interested in it, my appetite for CNC having been recently
whetted.
I am working with the owner to try and determine a reasonable value
for it. Searched the web and found no price listings at all.
Is this a capable mill for general hobby and possibly light production
work?
Can anyone give me an idea what to offer?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I can't speak to its value, but I have one.
I used it with its original control, which worked fine, but was a little
cumbersome.
If you're looking to retrofit, it is a very solid little piece of iron.

"RB" wrote in message
I am looking at one of these mills locally.
Dyna Myte 2800. Looks to be in excellent used condition.
No tooling, but tooling available as a separate negotiation.
I am somewhat interested in it, my appetite for CNC having been recently
whetted.
I am working with the owner to try and determine a reasonable value for
it. Searched the web and found no price listings at all.
Is this a capable mill for general hobby and possibly light production
work?
Can anyone give me an idea what to offer?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--A great machine but if you have any trouble with the electronics
you're screwed: the company has gone belly up. Used to have one; lotsa
fun.. Had a weird BT-30 collet which is uncommon, hard to find..

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : "Hold on! we're passing
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : through the moronosphere!"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

steamer wrote:
--A great machine but if you have any trouble with the electronics
you're screwed: the company has gone belly up. Used to have one; lotsa
fun.. Had a weird BT-30 collet which is uncommon, hard to find..

this one has a small taper quill.
I have not seen any collets except ER25 which were used on an Emco 5
lathe. The photos of BT30 look like what was laying around the machine.