Default Machine error # 77 Brother Intellifax 2800

Unplug the power, press and hold the menu button, plug in the power
(hold the menu button for 5 seconds after power is plugged in). Release
the menu button, now press 91, if the display still shows the error,
press 99. This fixed my problem today.

Dave Moore wrote:
Hello, someone gave me aBrother Intellifax 2800 and not being one
to like things going to landfill, and thinking it would be nice to

have a
plain paper laser FAX, I decided to give it a go repairing it.

Well, I fixed the SMPS. and thought I had it, but after it runs

through
a bunch of power up sequences it outputs an error
"Machine Error # 77" . Of course the manual says to call
Brother Service at this point because that error indicates
a mechanical problem.

Does anyone know just what mechanical problem that particular error
indicates?

I've been to the Brother web site and they seem to be tight lipped

at
the web site about the details of the machine error codes.

Any help here truly appreciated.

Thanks
=^^= Dave Moore