Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can anyone precision grind some plates for $$$?

I have four plates that I want precision ground, to remove say 0.3mm
of material from each side. The size is approximately 12x16
inches. They need to be perfectly smooth but presently have some
pitting from rust. A quick quote will be appreciated. I can pay via
check or paypal. Need ASAP.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus17935 wrote:

I have four plates that I want precision ground, to remove say 0.3mm
of material from each side. The size is approximately 12x16
inches. They need to be perfectly smooth but presently have some
pitting from rust. A quick quote will be appreciated. I can pay via
check or paypal. Need ASAP.

You need someone with a Blanchard grinder.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-07-25, Grant Erwin wrote:
Ignoramus17935 wrote:

I have four plates that I want precision ground, to remove say 0.3mm
of material from each side. The size is approximately 12x16
inches. They need to be perfectly smooth but presently have some
pitting from rust. A quick quote will be appreciated. I can pay via
check or paypal. Need ASAP.

You need someone with a Blanchard grinder.

I found someone in Bedford Park who can do it, I think that I am all
set, will stop by there tomorrow.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:15:28 GMT, Grant Erwin
wrote:

Ignoramus17935 wrote:

I have four plates that I want precision ground, to remove say 0.3mm
of material from each side. The size is approximately 12x16
inches. They need to be perfectly smooth but presently have some
pitting from rust. A quick quote will be appreciated. I can pay via
check or paypal. Need ASAP.

You need someone with a Blanchard grinder.

Ayuh, here's a someone in Chicago that I deal with.
http://www.americangrinding.com/services/

I don't know how they'll respond to working on your material, but
they've always treated me well. For large Blanchard ground plates the
price is surprisingly close to what I'd pay for a flame-cut piece of
unground HR plate locally, even with shipping to Maine, and it usually
takes less than 2 weeks for an order to arrive at my door.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 25, 12:15*pm, Grant Erwin wrote:

You need someone with a Blanchard grinder.

You could -BE- someone with a Blanchard grinder.

http://nh.craigslist.org/tls/766819350.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
On Jul 25, 12:15 pm, Grant Erwin wrote:

You need someone with a Blanchard grinder.

You could -BE- someone with a Blanchard grinder.

http://nh.craigslist.org/tls/766819350.html

In the machine classes I took, the Blanchard was the most fun of all. Makes
precise useable pieces out of rusty crap. Wonderful machine.

Ivan Vegvary

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I found someone in Bedford Park who can do it, I think that I am all
set, will stop by there tomorrow.

I used to work in Bedford Park, 6850 Harlem Ave. It was blue collar going to
checkerboard ebony and ivory in the surrounding areas when I was there. Tell
me what its like now.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Grant Erwin wrote:
Ignoramus17935 wrote:

I have four plates that I want precision ground, to remove say 0.3mm
of material from each side. The size is approximately 12x16
inches. They need to be perfectly smooth but presently have some
pitting from rust. A quick quote will be appreciated. I can pay via
check or paypal. Need ASAP.

You need someone with a Blanchard grinder.

How is a Blanchard grinder different from a normal surface grinder? -
whats its advantage?

Andrew VK3BFA

Glaser Grind Master thekgbsr Woodturning 3 June 24th 08 07:28 AM
Turn or grind? steamer Woodturning 7 November 7th 06 05:35 PM
Using the Ellworth Grind Barry N. Turner Woodturning 16 July 10th 05 12:17 AM
Face plates or face plates rings? Peter Holt Woodturning 16 June 24th 05 02:40 PM
FA: Harig Grind-All #1 [email protected] Metalworking 0 January 10th 05 04:50 PM