Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Miller Trailblazer 55G further questions...stuck valve

Gunner wrote:

Ive found that several of the valves were stuck as a result of
rust...and with a bit of lifting and tapping managed to free all of
them, except #1 intake valve, which is closed and stuck tighter than
an 80 yr old nun.

I backed off the tappet adjustment, to get enough room to put the tip
of a screw driver between the valve stem and the lifter..no movement
Tapped on the screw driver..no movement. Banged on the screw driver
with a small hammer trying to wedge it upwards...no movement

Now what? Use a cold chisel as a big wedge and a bigger hammer?
I worry about dinging the adjuster, the cam lifter and the cam lobe

Any suggestions would be appreciated. And yep..the engine is still
frozen. Ill pull all the valves next week..assuming I can get this
bitch loose and see if I can turn over the engine..if not..Ill have to
drop the pan and drive the pistons up and out

Gunner

Try some Kroil and some patience ..

Grant
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 05:46:33 GMT, Grant Erwin
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

[...]

The valve is in the full down position, and its been liberally G
soaked with PBlaster for over 2 weeks, by spraying and keeping a
puddle of said penetrant on the valve/block juncture

Gunner