Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ping Gunner

I didn't make it to work today to gather you engine-work brushes, instead I had
a minor surgical procedure...and got a big ol' bottle of Hydrocodone with
refills! I view each pill as a pharmacological vacation rather than dispersing
pain. (I still hurt, but just don't care). In any case, I'll be in the plant
tomorrow and I'll give you a call. Roger ruined his pants when he saw the pix
of the cylinders.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

I didn't make it to work today to gather you engine-work brushes, instead I had
a minor surgical procedure...and got a big ol' bottle of Hydrocodone with
refills! I view each pill as a pharmacological vacation rather than dispersing
pain. (I still hurt, but just don't care). In any case, I'll be in the plant
tomorrow and I'll give you a call. Roger ruined his pants when he saw the pix
of the cylinders.

Tom I know that you're diabetic, which can make you slow to heal.
Take care of yourself.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Tom Gardner wrote:

I didn't make it to work today to gather you engine-work brushes, instead I
had
a minor surgical procedure...and got a big ol' bottle of Hydrocodone with
refills! I view each pill as a pharmacological vacation rather than
dispersing
pain. (I still hurt, but just don't care). In any case, I'll be in the plant
tomorrow and I'll give you a call. Roger ruined his pants when he saw the
pix
of the cylinders.

Tom I know that you're diabetic, which can make you slow to heal.
Take care of yourself.

It seems I have a MRSA infection on the right side of my but. 6 doctor visits,
2 courses of antibiotics, two small procedures...and it's worse now than 7
months ago when I first went to the doc about it. At least this time the took a
culture and might actually follow through with better treatment. I have Kaiser
and it takes a bit of insistence to not just get blown off. We'll see.
Diabetes is a bitch of an impediment to quickly healing. A ding on a hand takes
four to six weeks. Meantime, I got Hydrocodone!

I think it goes back about fifteen years ago while taking a dump in the woods in
Canada, I got stabbed in that spot with a splinter, I don't know if I got it all
out and NONE of my fishing buddies would examine the wound...the *******s!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 21:57:16 -0400, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

I didn't make it to work today to gather you engine-work brushes, instead I had
a minor surgical procedure...and got a big ol' bottle of Hydrocodone with
refills! I view each pill as a pharmacological vacation rather than dispersing
pain. (I still hurt, but just don't care). In any case, I'll be in the plant
tomorrow and I'll give you a call. Roger ruined his pants when he saw the pix
of the cylinders.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/MyShop

I posted some more. WIth the exception of the hail pictures..they
were all taken in the last 3 weeks, sorta a before and after ....

The square, long cylinders with the blue bits, are Festo linear
cylinders with built in ways, and slots for hall effect sensors or
microswitch mounting

The odd looking Jack looking ones have built in Thompson shaft
bearings. The seals have never been removed from the bearings

About a 1" shaft as I recall it.

Ive got a couple about 4 feet long as well, about a 2" bore, with a
48" stroke....

No sweat on the brushes.

Gunner

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 21:57:16 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

I didn't make it to work today to gather you engine-work brushes, instead I had
a minor surgical procedure...and got a big ol' bottle of Hydrocodone with
refills! I view each pill as a pharmacological vacation rather than dispersing
pain. (I still hurt, but just don't care). In any case, I'll be in the plant
tomorrow and I'll give you a call. Roger ruined his pants when he saw the pix
of the cylinders.

Pain killers don't take pain away, they help make you not CARE that
you're in pain.

----------------------------------
VIRTUE...is its own punishment
==================================

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

[...]

MRSA is methylicillin resistant stapholococcus aureaus. golden staph.
golden staph is a naturally occurring bug on your body. the mutant
form that is resistant to antibiotics bred up in hospitals.
methycillin was one of the super guns in the penicillin arsenal and
when that stopped being effective ....bugger!
if your immune system cant bowl it over they need to culture the
particular strain on your butt and then experiment with combinations
of drugs that may have effect gradually.
medically we are back in the 1800's with drugs for those mutant bugs.

take extra care, in your condition.
Stealth Pilot
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

[...]

Joy, joy...I'll find out more in an hour, they should have the cultures done and
I get to see a surgeon again. I think she likes my but!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Joy, joy...I'll find out more in an hour, they should have the cultures done and
I get to see a surgeon again. I think she likes my but!

Behave, Tom! Doctors can do all kinds of strange things if you make
them mad! ;-)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 14:55:41 -0400, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

.. .

Tom Gardner wrote:

[...]

All I can say is to not fool around with it. My wife has this
problem and we've not been able to get rid of it in 3 years now.

Ping Gunner Jeff Wisnia Metalworking 4 May 13th 08 06:02 PM
Ping Gunner cavelamb himself[_4_] Metalworking 0 September 24th 07 05:27 PM
PING: GUNNER michael Metalworking 17 September 18th 05 05:37 PM
PING: Gunner Tom Gardner Metalworking 29 August 11th 05 06:37 PM
ping......Gunner Larry Metalworking 0 August 1st 05 11:06 PM