Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Trailer question

I was wondering if I could email some pictures of a trailer I bought
to someone that could give me some advice. I bought a 12 foot by 6
foot rough dual axle trailer. I bought it for 400 bucks. I pulled it
for an hour at 60 miles an hour and it pulled fine. (Other than I
heard a popping occasionally when turning a real sharp corner.)

Anyway, whoever had the trailer replaced the front a frame with heavy
I beams and kind of hodge podged it. It is very heavy. I am not
against keeping ti, I am just wondering what you all would do.

I also want to make a back gate for it. Is there a way to do that
without expanded metal? (It is 70 bucks a sheet for ¾ number 9 here.)

Thanks for all your help!

(PS, I cant acess photo sharing sites from where i am currently.)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

stryped wrote:

I was wondering if I could email some pictures of a trailer I bought
to someone that could give me some advice. I bought a 12 foot by 6
foot rough dual axle trailer. I bought it for 400 bucks. I pulled it
for an hour at 60 miles an hour and it pulled fine. (Other than I
heard a popping occasionally when turning a real sharp corner.)

Anyway, whoever had the trailer replaced the front a frame with heavy
I beams and kind of hodge podged it. It is very heavy. I am not
against keeping ti, I am just wondering what you all would do.

I also want to make a back gate for it. Is there a way to do that
without expanded metal? (It is 70 bucks a sheet for ¾ number 9 here.)

Thanks for all your help!

(PS, I cant acess photo sharing sites from where i am currently.)

Sounds like the guy jackknifed it & wanted the tongue stouter for next time.
The popping sound is the springs and equalizers moving. Unless there is
something broken or extremely worn, I'd say you're OK.

--
John L. Weatherly

please remove XXXs to reply via email
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 24, 8:31*am, "John L. Weatherly"
wrote:
stryped wrote:
[...]

please remove XXXs to reply via email- Hide quoted text -

ANy ideas on the gate. Should I leave the A frame? SHoudl I paint it
red or black?